All reviewsjunior suitealcantara gorgedelicious pastaevery eveningenjoyed our staya great place to stayfarmhousecharactermattresseskmbalconymiddletaorminacardrivewine
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Although the hotel was a little difficult to find, I understand that the address has now been changed to simplify things. Il Borgois absolutely beautiful, in a quiet, secluded area with a magnificent view. Great pool, with very few people using it. Dinner in the restaurant is also worth a try.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the old farmhouse, as it is far more charming than the new building.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Montrealer555
Reviewed 25 July 2017

stayed one night with my fiancé, the receptionist was a bit grumpy at check in but no big deal, we had also dinner at their restaurant which was disappointment although we both got some infection next morning had the same problems at the toilet. However overall it is a nice place, quiet good to relax but not to stay more then a night my personal opinion.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

A great place to stay near the gorge. The food was amazing and the staff friendly. I would recommend dinner and also breakfast - there was a lot of care and attention which went into the specialities cooked up every evening. The pool was lovely although it could do with cleaning more often in my view. I could see bits floating around when I put my goggles on. It seems to be an old mill and has a lot of character. The air conditioning wasn't working in our room which made for a difficult sleep. Parking was good. Easy journey to all the local sights and Taormina without the hassle of staying in the town. Why are there so many empty and run down buildings in Sicily - did everyone move out when the volcano exploded?

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Very pleasant stay. Great food at reasonable prices, good solid breakfast. Pool area is very clean and the staff is very friendly.

Rooms are fine, beds are a bit hard though. Excellent views of the area if you get a room with a balcony. Many good restaurants nearby as well. Try Paradise for one.

Be sure to visit Gole Alcantara which is very close by. Bring shoes for walking in the water. If you have a car, its easy to get to the beach as well.

Overall a great resort for relaxing and trying some great local food. (menu changes every day - when we stayed it was only open in the evening though (and for breakfast))

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We spent one night here during our criss-cross trip through Sicily.
It is a quite place in middle of nothing, the right place for us. The stuff was friendly, the food very nice. There is nothing we could claim.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple