“Magnifico........”
Review of La Cascina 1899

La Cascina 1899
Price range: US$ 45 - US$ 58
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Magnifico........”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

What can I say.... I wish I had taken some photo's of the food for you to see.
The fish was so fresh and tasty that when you were eating it, it felt like to were tasting the ocean. I really can't explain it. You must go there and experience the food on your own. The host Salvatore, who I also think is the owner, was so friendly that I don't even think that I ordered any food. He suggested it and I agreed. What a great choice.
Then I thought, because Salvatore made all the suggestions I said to myself, boy I have no idea what everything cost. When I got the check I thought that maybe they made a mistake. It could have been that little. Being a New Yorker, I didn't say a word paid my check, gave my thanks to Salvatore and told him that I would be back. He then gave me a panettone ( a home made italian cake) made from La Cascina and told me in his broken english, "Here take a part of Calabria back to New York".

Visited October 2011
1 Thank themoksta
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow