All reviewsgroupon dealdeluxe roomlovely conservatorynorth walescooked breakfastleisure facilitiesconservatory areabusy roadgood sizewedding venuerelaxing stayevening mealswimming poolhuge bedtwo night staylick of paintchanging rooms
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My husband bought a groupon midweek break as a surprise valentines treat for me. We stayed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Our room , 221, was lovely. Huge bed and very clean and tidy room.
Our first night we had drinks in the conservatory, oh how I wish I had one of those at home. Was absolutely lovely.
Our meal was so delicious, I had the sardines for starter and tagliatelle for main. Couldn't manage a dessert as the portions were huge! !
Breakfast was fantastic, had the works with perfectly cooked poached eggs, endless tea and the buffet was a delight to see.
Had to eat again in the restaurant on the last night as felt so spoilt and the atmosphere was fantastic. This time I had deep fried brie, my absolute favourite for starter and piri piri chicken for main course. All I can say is i ate so much food those two day's and I absolutely loved it! !!
Your waitresses Hannah and Denise are an absolute credit to your business. Nothing was too much trouble and they always had a lovely smile on their face.
Will definitely be returning one day as I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, so thank you so much for making me feel super relaxed and well fed! !!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nettym55
Reviewed 18 February 2017

Hotel very clean. Room Spacious with all facilities you would require although double glazed windows were drafty and a lot of traffic noise from a busy road. Food was excellent with very generous portions although dining room was also chilly. Very helpful friendly staff who were very attentive. Will re-book a short break in the summer months.

Room Tip: Views good but front rooms noise from road. Would benefit with 'triple glazing'
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Room was in need of refurbishment although the bathroom was a good size. Communal areas also need redecoration etc. Bar & conservatory were highlights and the food was good, even though the chef should know better than to re-grill the breakfast tomatoes. Spa is just about worthy of the title, but subdued lighting in the swimming pool room is a bit over the top!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank richard s
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed with a friend for one night in a twin room. Old fashioned decor but in line with the feel of the hotel and made it feel comfortable and homely. Lovely conservatory, lounge and bar area.

The exterior of the hotel and some areas (pool changing area, corridors) looked like they needed a fresh paint!

Best part was definitely the evening food which was reasonably priced and delicious! Dining area was comfortable and staff were very friendly.

Cooked breakfast good overall however poached egg overcooked and pastry choice minimal and not replenished.

Minor issues but overall a lovely, comfortable and relaxing stay!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Hmm...

I took advantage of a Groupon deal at £69. Overnight stay for 2, breakfast and a glass of wine on arrival.

Room

The room was reasonably clean. Spacious with stocked tea and coffee box.
It was sold as a superior room. I think I need to lower my expectations of this word when I hear it.

For me a " superior " room should not consist of 2 single beds pushed together to form a fake King Size bed!
Although congratulations on finding a duvet that disguised the single beds ...

The TV ( in our room anyway ) was fixed in such a place / position that a tawny owl would have trouble in viewing.

The walls were paper thin, so thin that I could hear the words being used by a couple, I presume next door.

So much could be done with a room like this ... owner take note for I would change this !

Breakfast

Very nice, well stocked and fresh. However they did get my order wrong !

Drinks

For me pricy ! ... make sure you visit the cheap corner shop before attending.

Overall

A marmite experience. Some areas good, some areas bad.
It's times like these that I wish I had the finance and opportunity to revamp.

It was flat. Low on atmosphere. For me this is nothing more than a business person overnight stay.
If you want to woo / wow the partner save your money and make exciting times at home ( where the walls are more solid )... Reasonable deal but will only return in a business suit...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple