“Beautiful”
Review of Burggolf

Burggolf
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Purmerend was beautiful but terrible in evening.there was no one in the streets when you want to walk in evening in the city.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

The last TripAdviser review (in English) for the Burggolf Hotel was more than 2 years ago , and why a review 3 years ago ("Racist") should be highlighted I do not know.
The hotel design is not exactly beautiful but it is practical for golfers and in a pleasant rural setting. Food both breakfast and dinner was excellent and the service at both reception and in the restaurant was friendly and efficient.
Getting to Amsterdam by public transport is easy and takes 30 minutes.
The two golf courses (actually 4 x 9 holes) are interesting and challenging (plenty of water). The Yellow & White courses are harder and more interesting than Blue & Red.
I imagine the couses get very soggy in the winter.

Reviewed 20 September 2014

This hotel is in a great location about 10 km from Amsterdam Center with easy transport links if you do not have a car.
There is no air conditioning which can make it difficult to sleep in hot weather. If you leave the windows open be prepared to get eaten by mozzies (remember this is a wetland area).
Rooms are in reasonable condition but starting to look a little dated.
Safety deposit boxes were not working when we went.
There is only WiFi in the reception and dining areas (not a real problem).
7 minutes walk to bus stop, buses run on a regular and accurate times until the early hours and are easy to use, just ask at the hotel reception for the times and location of the bus stop we were paying Euro 10 for day pass.
I have read the previous reviews and they all echo the same thing. It's such a shame because this instead of being an average hotel, could be a great hotel with a lick of paint some deep cleaning and a little renovation.
We were struggling to book a hotel at a reasonable price in Amsterdam because of some Big Business event so we were forced to go outside of the centre which, turned out to be a good thing, there are plenty of places to visit in the surrounding area. Edam is about 10 mins drive Volendam is a similar time but, DO NOT MISS Marken or Monnickendam, very original and beautiful fishing villages about 20 mins from hotel.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Well first of all they lie about wi fi in all room and that there is a gym on facility... great room service liars FALSE ADVERTISING " Upon check in they gave me room 134 .that room was roach infested, toilet broken, carpet smell of pee and stains. when I went to ask for a room change 110 that was when I met the pregnant assoc. she quickly change my room apologise and gave me {24 euros to get the internet in my room.From then on my Christmas was a nightmare they did not allowed me access to the Christmas party. After my reservation was made weeks in advance,Room service did not come to my room for 2 whole days after that when I approached then they showed me a lists with all other room even 134 except my room 110. When they finally came to give me towels and make the bed, room service left the dirty sheets back on the bed after I told her that they need to be change. If you value your life I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE" you can get better hotel in Amsterdam........