“Excellent diving at Blue Abyss”

The Blue Abyss Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blue Abyss Dive Shop has been established in Moalboal since 1997 and is located right at the sea.We offer two boat dives and one House reef dives daily, which will be accompanied by an experienced Dive master. We are familiar with the diving area for more than 15 years. During office hours our guests can make individual dives on our house reef, using the buddy system. The Blue Abyss DIve Shop is an IDIC Instructor Training Center which offers all dive courses from discover scuba diving to Instructor. We also teach courses to PADI standards. We have access to a swimming pool which assure safe diving instruction at Beginner level.We offer fantastic Underwater DVD Videos from the best dive sites in the Philippines and also personal Underwater DVD Videos to carry home your beautiful memories.
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I went diving with Blue Abyss for two days, and had a wonderful experience. I don’t dive regularly so I needed help setting up my gear and getting back into diving mode. George was a patient and attentive dive master who coached me through the dive, until I felt confident on my own. Jun was always there to help and answer questions. The equipment was in good shape, the prices reasonable, and the dives were fantastic. I highly recommend Blue Abyss, and both George and Jun, for a great dive experience in Moalboal.

Date of experience: April 2018
in 20 reviews
"resort"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Dived with Blue Abyss and the experience was amazing. Excellent service and the staff were all very accommodating and helpful. Was 1.5 years since my last dive however they were so patient with teaching me and made sure I felt assured by assisting me and giving me tips throughout the 2 days of diving with them. Ask for Gary if you need a good dive guide :-)

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 29 November 2017

This is a professional dive center that seems to have many clients who return year after year. The staff will help you if you ask. Otherwise you will be doing everything yourself. The House Reef is an easy shore dive from the shop. The coral is in really good shape and you are likely to see large turtles.
Gary was very helpful and an excellent guide.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We did several dives, both shore and boat, with the Blue Abyss crew. Equipment was good, staff helpful when asked, and the dives were interesting. We saw lots of turtles and of course the sardine baitball which is why many people visit here. I’d have to say the sardines were a little underwhelming, but maybe our standards are higher because we had an amazing baitball experience in Bonaire last year. Gary, our guide, was competent and very helpful. There were quite a few “regulars” there, mostly experienced divers from Germany which might explain the “Do it yourself” approach at the resort. We didn’t mind because we were used to setting up our own equipment and disassembling it after the dive. But if you’re expecting to be coddled, you might be disappointed.

Date of experience: November 2017