“Couldn't be better! ”

The Blue Abyss Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: The Blue Abyss Dive Shop has been established in Moalboal since 1997 and is located right at the sea.We offer two boat dives and one House reef dives daily, which will be accompanied by an experienced Dive master. We are familiar with the diving area for more than 15 years. During office hours our guests can make individual dives on our house reef, using the buddy system. The Blue Abyss DIve Shop is an IDIC Instructor Training Center which offers all dive courses from discover scuba diving to Instructor. We also teach courses to PADI standards. We have access to a swimming pool which assure safe diving instruction at Beginner level.We offer fantastic Underwater DVD Videos from the best dive sites in the Philippines and also personal Underwater DVD Videos to carry home your beautiful memories.
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend recently completed our open water IDIC course here. It was our first time diving, so we were unsure what to expect, but our instructor Gary was brilliant at teaching us and being patient with us while we learnt. We had a great time talking to him after the dives too, he showed us all the different species we had seen in his books. You can also help yourself to coffee and breads after or before each dive. They were even nice enough to let us borrow their snorkels and fins a few days after finishing. Highly recommend!! And we would recommend the IDIC course, it's the same as padi but cheaper and with more dives!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"customers"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I just recently completed my advanced dive cert at Blue Abyss, the staff were very friendly and professional, I came in mid morning and they accommodated my rushed schedule, i also got to complete the course 1 on 1 with my instructor Sam who did everything to accommodate me in every way, he was very professional and safety conscious throughout the two days and even switched things around on the second day so I could see the sardine rush on a different part of the island. Overall great dive shop and great instructors. I would highly recommend Blue Abyss !!

1  Thank Brendan B
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We took our PADI License in this Resort and everything was perfect. They are adaptable to your needs, always respond with a smile. Specially Stefan, our instructor. He has made anything for helping us on getting the PADI license quick and safe. Now we will enjoy the sea thanks to them!

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We had a great time in Moalboal, and the Blue Abyss made our time even better! I did my advanced open water course with Stefan, which was a great experience! Moalboal is a great destination for diving, and this school is great for newer to advanced divers! Stefan took me on my first deep dive and my first night dive, and I was not worried for either, knowing i was in good hands, we had lots of fun and many laughs! Will be back!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We didn't exactly avail of the services of the dive shop but had a particularly different experience with them instead.

Like any tourist in Panagsama, we went island hopping and really enjoyed the Pescador Island, even saw a turtle and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. So much so, that while snorkeling, my half Japanese cousin's GoPro strap broke off and the camera fell to the reef near the area where you find the sea turtles.

The boat men hurriedly dived and tried to retrieve it for us but couldn't as it was already too deep. My cousin was in tears and we didn't know what to do so the boat man suggested we get a diver to help us. I asked how much they might charge for something like this, and he told me to prepare PHP 2,000-3,000 for it. My cousin was willing to pay this amount of course for a $500+ GoPro so they called a dive master from Blue Abyss.

Soon enough, our boat stopped in front of the shop and the dive master arrived with all his equipment and in minutes we were back where we knew the camera fell into the reef. He dived in, found the camera within minutes while we watched from our snorkels. He even took wonderful shots (and selfies) as he waited for some sort of depressurizing, I think (sorry I really don't dive), as he can't just go back up the surface after diving that deep.

We were so happy to see the camera intact and my cousin was again in tears. The boat brought him back to the shop and as we handed the payment, he refused and said he only used 6min worth of his tank anyway. His only request is that if we ever want to learn to dive, we should do it at his shop.

His name escapes me at the moment but I think it was a Glen or something. I'm a Filipina traveling with a Japanese group who were both impressed and shocked at this generous gesture. This gives me all the feels.

So yeah. If you want an honest and reliable dive master, don't go anywhere else. Learn to dive at The Blue Abyss Dive Shop. I know I will.

2  Thank May G