“Great hotel and staff”

Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Psalidi
Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in October 2011 and really couldn't fault it.
We stayed on an all inclusive basis for ten nights.The food was very good and there was plenty of choice and more than enough for a different meal every night. The Chinese and Italian restaurants were excellent and as long as you booked there were no problems.
By far and away the best part of this hotel were the staff.They were really friendly and couldn't do enough.From the receptionists to the bar staff and even though we were travelling without kids the Animation team were great.
Our room was clean,neat and had a great sea view across to Kos town and Turkey.
The pools even though salt water,were also clean but would recommend going down to the beach and use the beach bar,cold glasses from the freezer for drinks and great Gyros for a snack. Yes,the beach is pebbly but the beach pods are free and you can take a trip to Paradise Beach if you want the sand.
We would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wanted an all round good quality hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view,its well worth it for the sunset.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chris p

Reviewed 29 October 2011

I have just returned from a weeks holiday, at this hotel, with my brother and his two children. It wasn't a long transfer from the airport. . .which was good! When we arrived the staff were very friendly. I was a little shocked to be charged 22 Euros for a safe!!!
The children were very happy running around the safe enviroment, playing all day and eating the never ending ice-cream!
A really nice, friendly hotel with lovely food. . .but not 5 star, maybe 3 plus. There was room service with a charge of 3 euros per order. . .why?
The artist on site was brilliant, Daniella. She painted wicked tatoos on my leg and the childrens arms.
The one downfall was the neighbours three dogs and two cats which were allowed to roam freely around the resort, and NOT being a lover of animals, made me feel really uncomfortable and would prevent me from returning again!
The Italian restaraunt wasn't anything to write about. The chinese restarauntwas better but my meal was brought first and 10 minutes later came my brothers!
Claudia, one of the waitresses was wonderful!
Town was about 3.5 Km, a great walk! 1.60 euros on the bus outside the hotel!
Visit Therma, bus outside the hotel, but take your own refreshments because the snack bar there is very expensive!
Overall for a cheap holiday with sunshine and lovely staff. . . go but it's not 5star accomodation!

Room Tip: We had a superior family room. . . this meant it was two bed roomed only! Block 6 is the newest buil...
10  Thank Manchester_UkTruth
Reviewed 20 October 2011

my partner and I have been to this hotel twice. Our first experience was so fantastic that we decided to return with our 10 month old daughter as our 1st family holiday and although we have faced some challenges along the way we are so glad that we did. we arrived at the Ramira 12/10/11 and due to abnormal rain fall we was moved to the hotel next door. Naturally we were a little disappointed but the girls behind reception were so helpful and insisted on compensating us and even though we wouldn't except anything they still gave us the safe key at no extra charge. once settled in our room we spent the best part of the week enjoying the private beach where you can enjoy a beer in a frozen glass!! there is also two pools to choose from. the food is second to none regardless of if you want to eat buffet style, chinese or italian. one night we were in the italian and our little girl wouldn't settle. we got up to leave and when we explained on our way out the waiter said give me your room number and I will bring it to you. the staff are just so attentive. we were due to travel back on the afternoon of 19/10/11 so we just missed the air strike our problem was that the taxis were still on strike and we hadn't booked a transfer. we explained our problem to the reservations manager who may I add is Australian so we had no language barrier. he assured us that they would get us a lift and not to worry. after a short while the owner of the hotel came over and said he would take us no problem.when we got to the airport he wouldn't take any money and even carried our bags to check in. what lovely peope! I'm a firm believer that it's not what the problem is but how you deal with it and at Ramira beach nothing is a problem. We will be returning again next year and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: if you are a family looking for a ground floor room with a seperate room for the kids to sleep in re...
6  Thank Tina G
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I visited this hotel in July 2011 and was so impressed I went back in October 2011 with my Mum, Dad and sister. We were given family rooms even though we booked standard rooms which was a nice surprised when we arrived. The staff were lovely and really helpful and the food in the restaurant was excellent. In addition to the buffet restaurant which cooked the meat in front of you at mealtimes, you could also book into a separate italian restaurant and chinese restaurant. We went to both and again the food and waiters were brilliant.

There are two pools at the hotel which were lovely and clean and not too busy as you could also go across to the hotel's private beach where there were even more sunbeds so finding somewhere to lie in the sun was never a problem. The food at the beach bar was lovely and we enjoyed the all inclusive drinks and mini pizzas down at the beach. There was a bar at both at the pools which served free drinks and snacks. There was also loads of free activities including mini golf, archery, bowls, volleyball and darts. There was entertainment in the evenings which was good but the hotel is so big that you don't have to watch it if you don't want to, you can just chill out in one of the other bars.

The island itself is beautiful. We hired a car and drove to tigaki beach and up to the mountain town of Zia which has views that are well worth seeing. It rained a couple of days while I was there the second time (very unusual for Kos, but still the weather was much better than in England!!), but it was so lovely to chill in the hotel we didn't mind. I would definitely go again!!

7  Thank CatherineCulshaw
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I have just returned from the Ramira Beach were i holidayed with my wife and 2 friends, were we had celebrated our 45th anniversary.
Firstly before i begin my review let me say how wonderful and helpful the reception staff were as we should have returned home on the day of the Greek National strike and i spent a hectic 6hrs tryiing to find an altenative flight home until Ryan Air text to say they were putting on extra flights the day after.
The reception staff had let me have unlimted use of the phone looking for numbers for me to ring and then printing off our new boarding cards, also arranging for us to keep our rooms on an extra day.
I believe this is the original first hotel of the Mitsis group and is run by the Owners son who is very approachable.
We had a family room though there was only my wife and me, the room and the hotel is very clean, the maids are in everyday,
The staff are delightful all full of fun, both in the bars and restaurants, we found the food very good and there was always something to choose, my wife enjoys fish and she was not dissapointed.
The theme restaurants were excellent Chinese & Italian, the salads in the Italian were amazing, i know people say the food is repeditive but i say if you have coffee or ceral for breakfast everyday at home isn't that repeditive, you can always find something different to eat there is a varied choice.
The waiters are excellent and so effiecient your table is never left cluttered,one of the waiters Michael was such a character, at breakfast you could have an egg done anyway you like by a charming lady.
I have never seen such happy staff at an hotel, the main bar in the lounge was run by Adonis and has been at the hotel for 34 years since it opened, he does some amazing card tricks.
The staff in the other bars pool/beach are just as friendly, there is an animation team who are never in your face if you don't want to take part that's fine.
The only downside i thought is that there is not a proper beach and it is very close just across the road from the rear of the hotel the area before the sea is pebble and scrub land what beach there is, is more gritty than sand.
The sunbeds have rotating covers which i found quite novel they turned 180deg so you could either sit in or out of the sun.
The hotel is more suited to young families with children up to about 5/6 and more adult couples there is not much for older children to do other than swim no slides etc.
You can walk into Kos from the hotel or get the bus it's about 1/2hr walk (3.5kilm)
All in all for a quiet holiday the Ramira beach ticks all the boxes, hope this revie is of some help to you.the rooms are air conditioned

Room Tip: Not sure anything i could add the hotel is quite quiet anyway, the animation team finish at 11pm
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank Para888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Psalidi
3.5 km away
3.5 km away
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas

Been to Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK