Returned for our 2nd stay (also 2 at Lindo) for 14 nights at this wonderful hotel and I'm pleased to say had a lovely time.
Asked for a high floor room over looking pool, this is what we got in block 61, room large, clean and comfortable, air con easy to control, fridge always stocked with variety of soft drinks and beer, clean towels twice a day, with chocolates and towel art waiting for us.
This is what I feel makes this hotel stand out, from the polite efficiency of the block concierge, who books our restaurant bookings had our DVD mended within an hour, to the waiters who are always polite and the excellent bar staff that never let your glass get empty.
Always important and especially when on a 14 night stay. All I can say is really good, the breakfast in the mediterranean rest. is really pleasant way to start the day, lunch at the pool buffet is fine, I did miss the fresh kebab style meat from previous years, this appears to have been replaced by more choices for the south American visitors, but the two days of fresh sushi helped.
The bar staff at the Maya bar are the best and Joseph remembered us and made us feel special.
We take full advantage of the al a carte dining, This makes my holiday, steak, gourmet and Cajun my favourites.
There a a few things that could be better, one in the plastic sun lounges and flat mattress could be updated and I was disappointed my the shows we only watch about 4/5 during our stay but there are more audience participation ones rather than shows. Didn't have boogie nights for the fortnight which was disappointing.
Now just an extra comment, we had planned to treat ourselves to upgrade for the last 4 nights to the grand and were offered a good price but after having a tour round we decided against it. It's a nice hotel has a completely different feel to the rest of the resort. The rooms are a lot smaller and there is only one bar for the evening and 4 al a carte, all the corridors are indoors and although I'm sure it is a very pleasant hotel that offers excellent service and relaxation, it isn't what we look for in a 2 weeks sun holiday, but I understand for those that live nearer it would have a good 4/5 night break.
We have said that we will try somewhere new next year but this is because we have been for 4 years but I would always recommend this hotel and I'm sure we will return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of Playa Paraiso (Mexico). All junior suites with Jacuzzi, DVD player, upgraded amenities. Exclusive dining plus dine around privileges at over 16 restaurants, 17 full service bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Riviera Maya
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Maya
- Iberostar Maya
- Iberostar Grand Paraiso
- Iberostar Paraiso Maya Playa Paraiso, Riviera Maya