“Nice, but deadly” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
Olney
“Nice, but deadly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We had a family affair to attend so I planned to have a very good time. I had no problem with the room or the food, and enjoyed everything unti when I returned to my room I found out that my jewerly pouch was GONE! (I must have left it out). When I made the missing item report they suggested that "I might have left it at home". They promised to call/email me with the result of othe investigation and I have YET to hear from them. I called the next day and gave them callback info, and the person that answered said "it would take time". Of course I came home and the items were as I reported it: STOLEN. Maybe the administration is in cohoots with the thief. I am very upset about this because among other things I had a very expensive watch that was taken. DON'T LEAVE ANY VALUABLES OUT - PUT IT IN THE SAFE.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Beverly O
VivaDominicusPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear guest,
First of all thank you for having chosen our hotel for your vacations.
We understand your disappointment, but we can assure you that all the investigations have been made, and unfortunately we didn’t found any evidence.
We hope that this inconvenience will not prevent you to come back and visit us again, and give us the possibility to regain your confidence

Best regards

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach & Palace
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Unlike other all inclusive hotels I have stayed in, the Viva Wyndham was a very good property. It is a beautiful resort and manicured just like a golf course. There were plenty of restaurants to choose from and they did not mind if you ate at the same one over and over. The staff was great and everybody was very friendly. They primarily cater to Europeans, which are mostly Italian. They were some Americans like us and quite a few Canadians. The bar drinks were very tasty. The AC worked great in the room unlike other hotels I have visited recently. We had free parking. They had safes in the room which made us feel more comfortable. You had to pay a little extra for it but it was good for a peace of mind. The beach was very nice. The security was also very good. All in all, I would definitely recommend this place to any traveler. We had no problems whatsoever at the resort. They did whatever they could to answer any questions we had.

Room Tip: If you can get a room looking over the beach like we did, it would be great. If you can pay extra...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jeff W
Dear Guest:

We appreciate your time by posting this helpful review for other future visitors. It is our pleasure to read all the good points regarding your vacations and we feel more than glad to know that we exceed your expectations.

We hope to have the chance to serve you once again.

Best regards…

Edison, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

We were a party of 3 couples.
We have been to many resorts in Dominican, but choose to come back to this one time after time. Considering some other controversial reviews, we wanted to share with you some good and helpful points, which should help you to make decision about choosing this resort for your next vacation. Service level noticeably improved over last few years. Even though many employees do not speak English well, staff is very friendly and you can communicate with them if you put a little effort into it. Considering that you are traveling to a Spanish speaking country, I am usually surprised when some people expect everyone around them to speak English. The grounds were kept very good. Food is good. Facilities and rooms are clean. Gum has brand new LIFE FITNESS treadmills. Simon,the gum instructor was helpful ,polite and potion. Resort is moderately priced comparing to other comparable resorts in area. Drinks are Ok, but do not expect to see a top shelf liqueur. We have been in Dreams and Iberostar, which are nearby. Out of all, this resort has best beach in La Romana area! We like this resort and planning to come beck again

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank 8Gera49
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for posting you feedback and for choosing us as destination on your past holidays.
Is really a big pleasure to find out that we meet your expectations.
We sincerely hope that you come back again to visit us in the near future!

Best regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I must say that after reading a lot of comments for both of the hotels on the property, I found it very nice and pleasant. Check in was very fast and the staff was very friendly and helpful after check in they direct us to the concierge to set our dinner plan, a very nice young lady recieved us with a big smile and recomend to us her favorite four restaurants and the funniest excurssions offered at the resort, and I must say 10+ to her, she ask us to go to La Roca wich was very good, it was a little far from our room but we were able to explore the whole place, food and service was great, the staff was very friendly, then we went to the italian also very good, food was a litthle bit cold but not to bad to suicide... Then we went to mexican restaurant and was also excellent, goos food quality, staff very helpfull, my kids loved it... last but not least Viva Cafe, I was in love of that restaurant... the concierge girl suggested for the last night and it was a perfect suggestion, we enjoy it as never... every plate was a whole experience of flavors, the whole family was very happy. Our rooms were close to each other, both very comfortable for all of us... The made everyday cleaned it very well, we tip her our last day and she put nice flowers every where, our towels and other things were replaced everyday.

The beach OMG!!! Must say that it has been one of the better beaches that I have swimmed on, the sand was clean, and the water was allways very clear, the weather was very good during this days, we went to saona island and took the most memorables pictures there, was excellent and we also did the crazy wheels also veryyyyy funny, night life also was very good, the entertainment team from the Beach hotel were always very nice, we love the Michael Jackson show and the Moulin Rouge... We also enjoyed going every morning to drink capuccinos with Raul at the lobby bar, he is very friendly and offers a very sincere smile, the only thing is that over the palace main pool during night one of my sons were speaking with a bartender, and basicly she provide him with all of her personal information and ask him to send her money from home, I think her name was Leslie, Lily or something, she was very thin, he pointed it her to me after telling one night me this but I just drop the paper, and felt sorry for her, I dont think this is right but maybe because they recieve that many young italian guys, some of the staff from some areas, are used to do this.

Overall our experience was very good, we will recommend it to some of our friends, and if you get there, always follow the recomendattions from the concierges, at least from the one that helped us, she is dominican, very young and always smiling, I look for her the last day to say thank you, but she was off... I hope that if any manager reads this congratulates her... Sorry that I dont remember her name, but I thonk she is the only dominican on the concierge cuz I always saw only italians.

Room Tip: Building 58 or 59, but I think its a higher category, but its worth it... And keep your olders soons...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank John R
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Have nothing but good things to say about the Palace - great beach, the service from the maids to the front desk people to the waiters we found everyone very friendly and helpful - the best of the specialty restaurants was Viva Mexico - the only downside for us was the small number of english speaking guests as there are a mostly Europeans in early December. We preferred the Palace to Wyndhams Beach Hotel which is next door as it has fewer rooms and the restaurants are a little less crowded.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank DenRD
VivaDominicusPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear guests,
We received with big pleasure your feedback related with your recent stay in our structure.
We thank you for having chosen our hotel for your vacation and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to welcome you as our guests for offering you another time our best attentions.

Best regards

Customer Care
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
2.4 km away
3.8 km away
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
0.3 km away
Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus

Been to Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK