My mother, sister and I stayed at Iberostar for 4 days in June. Overall, a pleasant experience - beautiful grounds, lush topical greenery, birds all around. The ocean is very nice (although watch out for the rocks in the water). We were always able to find seats @ the beach because we preferred to sit away from the action and the noise (ie the bar and the hotel's entertainers - not my cup of tea). The food was good (although wouldn't call the buffet gourmet dining)- beach paella was delicious. We ate at the Colonial Restaurant - not too impressed, grilled lobster was overcooked; the steakhouse was much better - steak done just right. It rained one day - there was a leak in our room (in building 3).
On the down side- the guys selling souvenirs from little shacks on the beach are pretty aggressive, practically chasing you to come and look at their wares...wish the resort had designated smoking/non-smoking areas...and -this is my own personal preference - would have liked if there was more of a mixed crowd among other guests (as we are used to Mexico where there are many more Europeans/Canadians), but overall we had a nice stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on a fantastically beautiful, fine sandy beach. Around 5 km from the finish village of Bayahibe. Top 5-star luxury. Tropical gardens. Varied gastronomy. Water sports galore. Spa & Health Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Hacienda Dominicus
- Iberostar La Romana