Byala Beach Resort
Iva Resort(Byala)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsanimation teamsea viewbeach barnice beachlounge areayoung peoplestepschildrensupermarketsunbedsstuffcrowdtouristsmusichour
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is okay. The rooms are huge with a lot of space for a big family or as we were, 5 friends. Our view over the sea was amazing, we had two terraces, two bathrooms and a big kitchen and lounge area. The cleaning is very poorly though. They change the towels and empty the bin. It says on Sunweb's website that they change the sheets two times a week, that is a lie. We were there for 11 days and got changed them once - the day before we left, so ridiculous. I spilled some self tanner on my sheet that was the way I noticed they didn't change them. The walls on the rooms are very thin and you can hear everything from a sneeze to the toilets flushing. We had all inclusive and the food is Bulgarian inspired but very boring. Not very warm and the same thing everyday, very little variation. We ate mostly fries, salad and spaghetti. The breakfast is okay there is: toast, eggs, yoghurt, pancakes, French toast and two coffee machines. The bar was okay, the can do the most regular drinks like rum/coke, vodka/sprite, sex on the beach and tequila sunrise. The staff at the bar was very nice and fun, they really wanted to talk and have a good time. The hotel has 4 young people to entertain called "Animation" they did fun stuff with the children like twister, making their own t-shirts and drawing. I think they were very rude to the other guest though. I especially didn't like the one called Galin. He called us lazy because we didn't want to sing karaoke. He was very rude considering his job is to play all day. We came on vacation to relax and do nothing. He had no right to reprove us.

If you want to get a sunbed by the pool you have to get up early. Other egoistic guest will put their towels on them from early morning. That is of course not the hotels fault but it says in the lobby and by the pool that the lifeguard would remove towels from the bed if they hadn't been used for one hour, she didn't do it once. We were 5 people and we didn't want to be rude and take sun beds that we didn't use so it was almost impossible to find even 1 bed to put our stuff on. Some of the days we had to put our stuff on the grass area nearby.

The hotel has a supermarket inside which we used a lot. Byala is a very small town with only one big supermarket about 10 minutes away on foot. The supermarket had all you would need. It was open from 9:30-21:30 and closed from 12-13 because of lunch.

The hotel has a staircase to beach which was very nice. They own about 20 beds, which were taken all the time. Next by you could bye 2 sun beds, one parasol and one table for 15 leva which we did once. The sand is lovely and we didn't see one crab or jellyfish. Only when it was windy we saw some seaweed. There is quite a big store on the beach where you can buy ice cream, beer and sodas which was very nice. A bit more expensive than the supermarket in the hotel but that was expected. There is two lifeguards on the beach all day.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Extremely disappointment. Cleaning is poor, except the breakfast, the food is very bad. I am a big fan of the Bulgarian cuisine, but what we received here..... was incredibly bad. The only elevator for tourists is broken daily, and during the day was blocked by the employees for daily activities. I can continues with many examples of poor, poor management. It is disappointing, because I was here 5 years ago, and was super. Everything. But 5 years ago. Today is relay 2 STARS hotel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I cannot praise enough the size & quality of the room we had for 7 which could have accommodated 9. We had a kitchen, good size living room, three roomy bedrooms & 2 shower rooms.

Unfortunately, the food and drink did not come even close to being adequate. The food was always Luke warm, limited in choice and had become monotonous by day two, so ended up using local restaurants more often than the hotel restaurant. Not great when we paid for all inclusive, so recommend anyone visiting this hotel to go for B&B. The best meal of the holiday was on a yacht we ent out on for the day. Even their salad was better than the hotel fare.

The beer was really poor, the bar finished at 10pm and there were three days when cola was not available and the lemonade tasted like tonic water. The fix was missing from most of the fizzy drinks most days.

Beach is great, staff are a real mixture some being wonderful, some downright miserable.

Overall rates fairly low on my all time list of bad holidays.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I spent 6 days at Byala Beach Resort, a short vacation with my 8 year old daughter. The hotel (resort is quite a pretentious name for it) has a great location, on a cliff, overlooking the Black Sea. I booked a one bedroom apartment and it was spacious and quite comfortable, even if the cleanliness of the room could have used some improvement. There were suspicious looking white stains on the pillows in the living room, the pillows and blankets smelled as if in desperate need of some fresh air.

The things that upset me the most were the details of the customer relationship set by the management. The reception desk didn't provide the details that were necessary for our stay: meal times (we had booked an all-inclusive stay), wifi password, map of the "resort", entertainment, parking details (there is an underground parking lot, but it's not free). I was told that I could have complimentary towels for the pool, but that I wasn't allowed to take them to the hotel's private beach for hygene reasons. After I made a fuss about it, I was told that it is actually ok, but that I'm not allowed to change my towels for clean ones more often than once every two days (they later modifed that period to three days). There was nothing in the refrigerator in the room, but even so guests are not allowed to take free drinks or free food from the restaurant to their rooms. The fine is 5 Euros. So much for all inclusive. There is, however, a supermarket on the premises, which is very overpriced, There is a cheaper one at the ground floor of the hotel next to Byala Beach Resort. Upon checkout, my daughter and I weren't allowed to leave the hotel until the cleaning lady checked the room to see if we didn't steal anything. We were sort of held hostage until she said it was ok. When we got to the room, I noticed that the bedsheets were shorter than the blankets and that one pillow didn't fit its case. When I asked for them to be changed, the first answer I got was that this is the way it's supposed to be. I had to go down to the reception desk with pictures I had taken. It took about an hour for them to find properly fitting bed linen.

The restaurant is decent. If it rains, you should move fast, because only half of it is operational. The other half is closed, decorated for a wedding that didn't happen in the six days while we were there. So, on a rainy day, guests have to wait their turn for a place at the table. Food choices are pretty poor, about 2-3 dished per meal. The food is alright.

The beach is clean and well kept, but there is absolutely no possibility to procure a drink there. If you get thirsty, you need to climb the steep and long staircase up the cliff all the way to the pool bar. However, you can buy drinks from a beach bar located on a neighbouring beach. (So much for all inclusive, again)

The staff is quite friendly, they all speak fluent Russian, but good luck if you're an English speaker! Except for the clerks at the reception desk and a restaurant manager, there's almost no other English speaker there. Oh, and if there's one thing they're good at, it's snatching plates that they think are empty from the table. They don't even bother asking you if you're done, they just take them when you're not looking.

I had to extend my stay for one more night. They made me pay the reception desk rate, which was more than double the rate I paid as I booked the trip. It was my mistake, I admit it. I booked my stay one night short. But I had already spent some money there, so I expected a discount, if not the same rate. The hotel was at least one third empty, so I wasn't asking for any huge favours.

My advice: if you want to be treated like an all-inclusive guest, try somewhere else. This place is run as fi the management is trying to fend off customers.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan_Fintescu
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Last summer we had a great vacation in Byala Beach Resort .The staff is very polite.The food is perfect and very good quality.The animation is diversified.Our children were very happy.Especially we like the apartments and the sea view.It is incredible...The balconies are huge and perfect for drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying the sunrise..So,i love this hotel

Room Tip: Higer floors have best views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family