“Adequate for a short stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bretagne

Hotel Bretagne
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Corfu Town
London, England
“Adequate for a short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

We needed a hotel close to the airport for one night at the end of our holiday and chose the Bretagne simply because it was the cheapest of the hotels we tried at 60€ for a double room, not including breakfast (walk-up rate).

Our room was small but pleasantly decorated. It had a balcony overlooking a small garden at the back of the hotel. The bathroom was tiny. Air con worked well, which was a blessing in the August heat. We weren't disturbed by aircraft noise and had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast consisted of a basic hot and cold buffet. It looked OK but we decided to skip it and pick something up at the airport instead. This was a bad move, since we found the choice of pastries to be limited to last night's leftovers and prices to be roughly double what you'd expect to pay elsewhere. Next time we'll fork out for the hotel breakfast.

The best thing about this hotel is its proximity to Corfu airport - just 8 minutes' walk from exiting the hotel to entering Departures, without even rushing. I wouldn't choose to stay there for more than a couple of nights, but it's perfectly adequate for an overnighter before an early flight.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Salalei
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Hove East Sussex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of our holiday having also booked our final night here.
We were given our key at reception and the person on duty watched us struggle with our cases up the stairs (I am disabled)
Our room was dark, dingy and very small. The furniture has definately seen better days and the curtains were filthy. The bathroom was also small with bits broken in it. Breakfast was adequate(cheap ingredients used) and breakfast staff friendly.
We did not enjoy the experience and after discussing it later that morning we decided to cancel our return viist for one week later. I telephoned the manager and he refused to accept my cancellation. I found his manner confrontational and slightly aggresive. Later that week I emailed the hotel website from where I was staying in Paxos to put my cancellation in writing. I asked for confirmation of receipt of my email and did not get it. I then sent two further emails just to be sure they had received it, this time without going through the website, and still had no reply from either. On my return to the UK payment for the night I tried to cancel was taken from my credit card. I call this dishonest especially as the hotel clearly states cancellations are accepted up to 3 days before arrival.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank pappyjane

Travellers are raving about these Corfu Town hotels

Schaumburg, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Upon arrival, the front desk was very rude and abrupt with me, a seasoned traveler. I am also native-like in Greek, so I spoke the language very well. That night, there was a guest with Tourette syndrome, is my guess. Unfortunately the person was shouting all through the night in this small hotel with a reverberating courtyard. I quietly asked in the morning what could be done, as I had not slept well. The front desk personally insulted me with great rudeness. I checked out of this hotel and cut my 4 day stay to that one night. I do not recommend having any part of this outrageously shocking behavior. I have a doctorate in education; this rudeness is inexcusable.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Hellenictraveler
athens
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

Hotel Bretagne is near the airport,5 minutes by foot,It has 2 floors but no elevator,,I stayed 4 days in a double room with 2 single beds,,The room was small and smell cigarettes from others visitors,,I payed 40 euros without breakfast,,special price,,.Normaly is 50 euros,,But i think the best prices for this is 30 euros with breakfast ,,,
Free wi fi internet but not always avaible server,,The staff was friendly but not all of them,The bathroom was not so clean as i noticed,,The cover of the bed has a whole and they dont ghange it for 4 days
So i think thiw hotel is good only if you looking a room for sleep,near the airport and nothing more

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ikaria-sunset
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

I stayed in this hotel several times due to business trip. It was not bad if you don't expect much and just can cope with the basic. I have stayed in many rooms in this hotel. Some of them were cute and cosy, but some others looked very cheap. The time I stayed in a single-bed room, it was really cosy and it was very different from the double-bed room that my colleagues stayed.(their room wasn't good at all).
It was clean and they changed towels every day.
The breakfast hasn't got much variety.
the reception girl is really polite and willing to help.
The hotel has a pc at the hall where you can surf at the internet, but the connection doesn't work most of the time.
I don't know about the prices, because it was prepaid from our company all of the times.
The airport is at a walking distance but I wasn't disturbed at all.
You can go to Corfu center on foot also, as long as you don't mind walking.
I think it is not a bad idea to stay to, as long as you go to Corfu to see the place and not the hotel.
The hotel is near to a kiosk (selling tobacco, newspaper, refreshments, etc), a pastryshop, a tavern and is 5 min walking distance to other mini shops as well.
P.S. I last stayed in this hotel in July 2008, my first time there was in 2007.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Bella Venezia Hotel
Bella Venezia Hotel
#1 of 10 in Corfu Town
1.1 km away
Mayor Mon Repos Palace 'Art Hotel"
0.9 km away
1.0 km away
Corfu Palace Hotel
Corfu Palace Hotel
#4 of 10 in Corfu Town

Been to Hotel Bretagne? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK