“Simple but tasty and reasonably priced”
Review of Theotoki Family

Theotoki Family
Ranked #68 of 233 Restaurants in Corfu Town
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A traditional corfu restaurant started by 2 brothers in 1986, we serve a wide range of corfu dishes , grilled meats, seafood dishes and vegeterian options. All our dishes are freshly prepared and based on our homemade recipes.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Regular greek food, but well prepared and very generous servings. The service is Ok, especially if we keep in mind how packed the packed the place always is.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We tried grilled feta cheese and grilled vegetables. Big portions.

The meet in the main cources was very tender, and we all just could not stop eating.

Service was OK, - the place was not full, but we still had to wait too long to get attention.

Charming place!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This place was recommended to me by a hotel staff/owner not far from here and it was exactly what I was looking for. The food was great - I had Tsigareli and Sofrito and both were really delicious Corfoit dishes. Tsigareli has not been cooked too mushy nor cut too fine and so the texture was great. Sofrito was very delicious too, and the sauce was really delicious on the potato chips. The waitress (owner?) was very engaging and helped me choose my meat dish. She also briefly discussed my wine selection with me. That was helpful. The food portion was big but the waitress assured me that she would pack the leftovers for me to take with me. Half-way through my meal, 2 Greek musicians started playing and singing. It was a pleasant surprise and just what I would have liked on a Greek holiday. This added to the atmosphere to the place. The evening I was there, it was quite busy, and therefore service was a little slower but it was acceptable. Overall, it was an excellent place to eat. I would definitely return to this taverna if I visit Corfu again.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Went there evening mid week. We are locals and aware of traditional recipes.

Quality is good, meat is tasty and well cooked. Portions are huge so ask before placing your order. Waitress was kind enough to let us know that a full portion will be too much for our 9yr old kid and half will be enough. I ate the other half anyhow!

But... Come on. You need to work on the service. All the way from welcoming, placing order, serve the starters and the drinks and covering customer's needs like more drinks, some salt, a fork or a knife and even the bill. For all of the above we had to wait and wait and ask again and again even the same guy or the same waitress. All tables around us were facing the same issues. I hope that the fact that we order a starter that never came without anyone telling us anything but then charged on the bill was only a human mistake.

Prices were good given that for most of the dishes the size is enough for two normal eaters.

Would go again most probably but will plan some more time for this visit...

1  Thank Stefanos F
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We stumbled upon this tavern coming back from Old Town Corfu, We had drinks & appetizers. The owners were gracious and hospitable, we came back for dinner that night. It's a family own business, where everyone "wife, owner, dad, mom & grandchildren are apart of this excellent establishment. We sat outside across the street from the restaurant. The owners brushed off our chairs, set our table and so began our endless amount of delicious food, camaraderie and a welcome sense of being. We hated to leave we felt so welcome. The plates were overflowing with delicious Greek heaven and the lowest prices we had paid anywhere on our two week trip. It was our best meal in all of Greece. find this place - experience it. You won't be disappointed. We enjoyed Corfu and will be back to the Island and Oikogenia Theotoki

Thank E.J. F