All reviews horizon suite hotel was absolutely beautiful lots of lounge chairs private pool rainfall shower bath products hot tub stayed two nights stunning sunsets hotel shuttle boutique feel pool service quad bike hire special thanks minute downhill walk memorable stay hotel breakfast
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel opened the day we arrived so everything was new. The first thing you will notice is the view it is amazing, sitting above Mykonos town.

We were given a glass of bubbles at checkin then taken to our room which had its own infinity pool overlooking the Mediterranean.

We stayed 6 nights, it was nice and quiet most likely as they were not busy yet being early May as Mykonos itself was quiet. We prefer this.

The staff were all lovely, always smiling and there to help. Service was very high quick to top up your juice at breaky and some lovely cocktails made by the smiling Elani and Theo and also Alex at Korali's bar next door.

The spa was lovely and my husband had a massage which he said was very good.

The rooms were cleaned twice a day and always pristine. Our pool cleaned every morning.

The meals we had at the hotel were beautiful especially the Lemon Cream dessert.

Thanks to Irina, Elani, Eleni, Ilias, Mary, Alexandrous and everyone to make our stay relaxed and enjoyable. (I hope I got the spelling right!!)

The walk into town was only 10mins it is a little uphill on way back but not bad. At night we caught taxis into town and back only 5 Euro each way.

Definitely recommend staying here

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Micmac001
myconiancollection, General Manager at Myconian Kyma Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Micmac101,

Thank you for your taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. Here at the Myconian Kyma, Design Hotel, it is of the utmost importance to us that our guests are treated with sincere warmth and kindness from the moment they step foot on our hotel. We are truly blessed to be situated right above the iconic windmills and to be granted such a breathtaking view. We were glad to hear that you were able to kick back and enjoy one of our soothing massages and can only hope you left us feeling slightly rejuvenated. Irina, Elani, Eleni, Ilias, Mary, Alexandrous would like to thank you for your considerate review and hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2017

This has to be one of the very best hotels in the islands. We arrived the day after the summer opening in May 2017 and were treated like royalty. The service was excellent, the rooms were of contemporary design and the views were stunning.
It is situated approximately 15 minutes walk from restaraunts and bars in Mykonos town
All be it a fairly up hill walk back not for the faint hearted, taxis and the odd bus available however.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with harbour views and confirm they will collect you from the port or airport.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ricgrey44

Dear ricgrey44,

First of all, we are delighted to welcome you as one of our first guests this season and we thank you for sharing what we can only hope will be the first of many experiences with us. We are glad to hear that our attentive staff cordially assisted you and that you enjoyed the stunning view from our stylish and spacious rooms. I have passed on your kind words to our staff who feel humbled by your praise. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Came here after my friend reserved the room for us.

The service was second to none.

The breakfast was the best I've had at any hotel anywhere.

It is a ten minute walk into the old town, there are shuttles everywhere.

Do yourself a favor and try this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

I would stay again at this hotel
Or any of the myconian properties

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Evan W

Dear Evan W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Nothing gives us greater satisfaction than delivering beyond our guests’ expectations, so we are delighted to hear that you felt at home with us. We use only the finest local ingredients in preparing a healthy yet utterly appetizing breakfast, so I was also glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the numerous delicacies on display at our lavish breakfast buffet. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I travel A LOT and I was truly taken aback by the experience I had at his hotel. I really hope it was an anomaly but my experience at the Myconian Kyma hotel easily ranks in my top 5 worst hotel experiences ever.

The room type I reserved online was not available when I checked in and I was told I was being upgraded to compensate for it. The new room appeared no where near as nice as what I reserved online but I was told it was indeed an upgrade. I begrudgingly stayed in the room despite how much I disliked it but after one night I just felt like I had to say something. When I spoke to the manager, he told me I could switch to the other room I originally reserved but if I didn't like it, I couldn't come back to the room I had. He was also "sure I wouldn't like the other room as much." Super suspicious and weird!! I felt like the room I booked didn't exist. What was even more strange is that another woman at the front desk was flipping out that the same thing was happening to her! Whatever was going on, it really wasn't handled well in my opinion. I felt like I was being manipulated and in the end, felt like I was the bad guy for even trying to question their "upgrade." Insanity when you are paying $500+ night. We eventually got a new room but it was a VERY painful process because we aren't people who make a scene to get what we want.

The interaction we had with the staff obviously tarnished our experience and we couldn't wait to leave this hotel. I avoided the front desk and most staff at all costs. I wish I had other positives that outweighed the negatives here but it was really a wash for us.

Sadly, this hotel experience tarnished my love for Mykonos and with that, I would not recommend the Kyma Hotel.

Room Tip: Private plunge pool rooms on the lower levels are narrow with a sink in the room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Stayed two nights at the Myconian K Hotels "Kyma" in Mykonos, Greece, as part of a bus tour. Our room was absolutely over the top fabulous (YMMV). It consisted of three separate areas--a spacious sitting room as you entered, a hall with a desk and mirror, small fridge, and shelves on one side and the bath area on the other, and then the bedroom with two single beds. It was decorated in a modern style, beautifully furnished, very large, and very clean. Beds and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was arranged totally different than any we have seen yet in Greece in that it had separate toilet, shower and sink areas. It contained the first walk in shower we have experienced. And did I mention it was large--even bigger than many U.S. motel showers we have used? It was great.

We did not notice any noise from other rooms or the outside hall. However, on Saturday night we could hear loud music from the bar by one of the pools, but it still did not keep us from falling asleep. The breakfast buffet was part of our tour and had a nice selection of hot and cold items to choose from, although all of the hot items we tried were only warm (seems to be consistent in Greece). Included were fried and scrambled eggs, bacon, hot dog like sausages, pastries and cakes, breads, fresh fruit, yogurts, many types of jams and preserves, cereals, fresh squeezed orange juice and several types of what we would call dinner appetizers (like spinach and cheese pie, etc). The nice thing was that everything was labeled in both Greek and English.

We had one dinner at the hotel as part of our tour. It consisted of several small appetizers, Greek salad, main dish and dessert. There was more than enough food and it was tasty. Since it was part of our tour, I don't know how this would compare to a regular restaurant meal here, nor do I know the cost. Based on the three meals we ate here, we would not hesitate to eat here if we were paying.

Reception and restaurant people were pleasant and courteous. Internet was available in the room and common areas and the connection was very fast. The room had many electric outlets accessible--four in the bedroom alone along with two USB ports. There were additional electric outlets in the sitting area.

The room had great lighting except in the sitting area. There wasn't a hotpot for coffee and tea in the room but the Front Desk was able to deliver one to us. The hall did have a long shelf usable as a luggage rack that held two suitcases.

The room air conditioning was zoned separately for the sitting and sleep areas but YMMV depending on your room configuration. The AC worked fine. There were two small balconies available, looking out over the two pools and hot tub. One of the balconies also looked out over Mykonos harbor in a breathtaking vista. One of the pools is salt water but don't know about the second as we didn't use it.

We did not try to walk anywhere from the hotel and it was a little bit outside of town, although there did appear to be some sidewalks available. We used taxis to return from town on two occasions and paid 8€ total one time with four of us in the taxi and 5€ total the second time with only two of us in the taxi.

We booked one of the standard tours of Delos through the Reception Desk for the same price as from the tour company at the dock or on line (50€ each). The only difference was that the hotel shuttle took us down near the dock area for free, saving us taxi fare.

We would definitely stay here again and can easily recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple