“Great for lunch”

Millies
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Under new ownership from May 2018, Millies brings you a fresh new look Tea terrace with traditional, classic and new flavoured teas accompanied by our daily fresh homemade scones made by us every morning. We pride ourselves on having a clean open kitchen so you can see all your fresh English ingredient meals being made to order in front of your eyes. We also boast a proper English breakfast made the only way a proper English breakfast should be made by a English Chef. We make all our milkshakes fresh to order with secret Ingredients that make them amazing. Most of our menu is available to takeaway or Cakeaway! Do you have a favourite cake that sums up your childhood? Something just the first bite of has the ability to take you back to long summers and carefree days spent playing outdoors? We are serving some classic bakes that make the memories come flooding back and instil you with feelings of nostalgia! We also make Birthday cakes to order and unique cupcakes & Cheesecakes daily.
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Millie's is an English cafe in Spain and we would normally avoid such places. However we were killing time before our flight and lunch was required! We were very glad that we did. Friendly service and lovely fresh food. We had baguettes, a toasted tea cake and the fish and chips. Loved getting Yorkshire tea in a proper teapot and with a cup and saucer!!

kieran m, Owner at Millies, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you for a great 5 star review. Popping in to or cafe before you flight home and leaving happy is lovely. Our fish & chips has taken off so well so I am glad you tried it. I make the batter myself. North Atlantic Beer battered cod with home made chips and beans or mushy peas is now so popular that we are opening until 7pm on Fridays and even having to take bookings for it to eat in or take away. Hopefully on your next visit to Tenerife you will now make us one of your first stops rather than the last! We look forward to your return. Being just down the hill from the Royal Sunset Beach club and opposite the Sol Sun Beach we get a lot of self catering guests who just love a bit of fish on a friday.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

delicious breakfast and lunch. Thank you for your warm hospitality and delicious fresh homecooked food.

kieran m, Owner at Millies, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thanks for a glowing review. It's a pleasure to hear back from customers who have appreciated the effort Debbie puts in in the kitchen. Hope to see you again when you return to Tenerife.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Found this on my around me app and couldn't resist the thought of a real cuppa. Ended up with an excellent afternoon tea! Fresh delicious sandwiches, truly lovely quiche and coleslaw and warm scones with clotted cream and jam. Homemade and wholesome; a true delight. Friendly and relaxing too! What more could you ask? Oh! yes, great value for money too!

kieran m, Owner at Millies, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

What a lovely review. I am glad that you found us through your app and ended up staying for lunch. We pride ourselves on our food and service and getting a thumbs up from someone call pickyperson910 is just the sort of praise that makes us feel our efforts are paying off. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Not our first nor will it be our last. Debbie & Kierian greeting is warm and welcoming every visit. Perfect cuppa every time. Beautiful tasty English breakfast, well worth the money.

kieran m, Owner at Millies, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thanks for reviewing us for the tripadvisor community. We look forward to seeing you again and serving you your perfect cuppa and tasty English breakfast.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

I had Sunday lunch and the roast beef was out of a packet only two slices under cooked Yorkshire puddings small spoon of mash potato two roast potatos not nice an crispy was ment to be cauliflower cheese but there was no evidence of any cheese thin gravy the sign says the best roast on the island but I beg to differ, I usually go to Scotch corner which dies a very good roast with 5 fresh veg.

1  Thank sharon h
kieran m, Owner at Millies, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

I have been eagerly awaiting your review as you were obviously dissapointed with your roast at the time. I can only apologise that you were not happy. The beef is most certainly not packet beef, it is a large joint cooked with love and sliced. I actually make the Yorkshire puddings myself and they were not under cooked at all, you asked for lots of gravy and then asked for extra gravy as well so obviously the underside of a Yorkshire floating around your plate in such a vat of gravy is going to get softened. Your roast potatoes are baked in the oven with Hot fat, and seasoning to ensure crispness. As for cauliflower cheese, when you booked your roast you said no vegetables at all other than a large helping of Cauliflower??? So why you would be interested in the fact that Scotch Corner does five veg I don't know???
As you mentioned in your review and on the day in question you usually go to Scotch Corner for your roast dinners. I suggest you continue to go there in the future as I am sure they will be able to exceed your expectations and will be more to your satisfaction and I am certain that they will be more than happy for your two companions to join you as they did in Millies and take up a table of four on one of our busiest days of the week, one to drink a glass of water and one to "spectate" whilst you eat. (her words not mine).