My husband, myself and 8 year old son have just returned from a 2 week holiday on 24th October and for the first time ever in my life, we didn't want to come home.
First impressions were WOW. What a place. Yes it does seem to be in the middle of nowhere, but that is what we booked.
We arrived at 6pm to be informed that our room wasn't ready BUT we had been upgraded for the night to a junior suite (we booked standard double). It didn't end there. In compensation they upgraded our all inclusive armbands from blue to gold. (We didn't know there were different types) Gold meant we could get our drinks for nothing in the Sports bar in the Plaza (small supplement to blue band wearers), free use of the safe (usually 30 euros), a bottle of Cava and basket of fruit.
We got in our room the following day and they put us in a poolside/sea view room on the 4th floor.
Very clean, staff soooo helpful and friendly. So many reviews I have read state that the staff are not nice. All it takes is a smile and an Ola and they are putty in your hands. I now know how to make a swan from a bath towel. (Thanks to our maid)
The first 10 days were fantastic as it was still term time. On the 11th day it all went a bit pear shaped. I've never seen so many people and there were no extra staff to deal with the demand.
Sun parasols suddenly grew legs. We left the beds to go in the pool one day and had been barely gone 5 mins when someone stole it.
The animation staff work so hard to entertain everyone and I have to warn you there is a hotel song that I am STILL singing. You have been warned.
The food was good quality but I have to say after a while you tend to be 'buffeyed out' and wanted plain old boring pie and mash.
There are plenty of sun beds but unfortunately the usual happens and people set their alarms to put their towels on them.
Don't let this put you off. Please make your own minds up. This is a fantastic hotel and we had a wonderful holiday. I would definately return but not during the school holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas 1 Jacuzzi (at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel) Towel service (prior deposit required) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym Access to the squash court, tennis courts and mini-golf at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel Golf course at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel WiFi (no additional charge) 4 restaurants 3 Bars Meeting and convention rooms Pueblo Principe: live music, shows, sports bar, karaoke, cabaret and disco Rooms 498 rooms including 3 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 single beds Ceiling fan Air conditioning Balcony or terrace Bathroom: bath tub, 2 wash basins, hair dryer Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar Bathroom amenities Junior Suite: hydromassage bath tub, sofa-bed, sitting area, telephone in the bathroom Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional service) Porter service Covered car park Laundry Shuttle bus to Playa de las Americas (one trip per day included in the booking fee) Selection of dishes for vegetarians, celiacs and diabetics (prior notification required) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Hotel Adeje
- Bahia Principe Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Costa Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Bahia Principe Costa
- Adeje Bahia Costa Principe
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Hotel Tenerife
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife