6,664 results
All reviewsinfinity poola la carte restaurantsbrazilian restaurantself servicelobby barthomas cooksister hotelmain buffetfree busrelaxing holidayon taplas americascaviarsoft drinksevening entertainmentjunior suitesan miguel
Reviewed 22 October 2006

this hotel is fantastic. i am only 18 but i enjoyed the entertainment in the day with the animation team joining in all the activities. the animation team are really friendly and make you have a great laugh. they all work really hard especially katie and sandra. the evening entertainment wasnt as good as they didnt really sing it was on the cd.
the food is great as theres lots to choose from even other restaurants. the weather was hot it reached 33 and was around that for the rest of the holiday. the rooms are nice and clean.
i would love to come back again in the future.

12  Thank AnneMariehodgskinson
Reviewed 17 October 2006

This hotel is undoubtedly the best hotel in Tenerife. Our stay was initiated by our travel agent, Shawn, at Travelsoon in romford, Essex. We had an excellent deal on the Junior Executive suite at the Bahia Principe in Costa Adeje. Though it is traditionally a very expensive hotel, I am pleased to say that it was worth every cent. We enjoyed the lavish surroundings and the food was beyond exquisite. For a four star hotel, the staff outdo themselves to accomodate guests. Cleanliness and staff effciency were absolutely fantastic. The children were ecstatic about the mini club as well. It must have been the ONLY hotel, which we have ever been to, where the children were excited to be up and abut every single morning. As far as adult conveniences, I found the spa services to meet even the most discerning of guests. Overall, the hotel excuded good taste and is a worthwhile investment for familes and couples alike. We are impressed. Very impressed.

17  Thank DrJones1222
Reviewed 11 October 2006

Disappointing

Arriving at the hotel just after midday on a Saturday, for a 9-day holiday, we were not surprised to be told that our room wouldn't be available until 2.00 pm. Fair enough. We confirmed our request made at the time of booking - which was to not have a ground-floor room - and were told it shouldn't be a problem.

After further delays we eventually got a key at 3.00pm. We were given a room in block 8. We found this wasn't in the main blocks, but was in a set of 4 or 5 villa-style buildings of 8 rooms each on the opposite side of the complex. Not what we'd expected. In fact having looked again at brochures, hotel publicity shots, and the photos on TripAdvisor, I've yet to see these rooms mentioned or photographed anywhere. And, you've guessed it, we had a ground-floor room. One whose bedroom was overlooked by two balconies in the adjacent villa, and whose patio area doubled up as a pathway.

A decent hotel should offer a room-change at the earliest opportunity so we returned to reception to ask for one. After all, we only wanted a non-ground floor room in the main block; probably 85% of the rooms meet this criteria. We'd underestimated the Bahia's stubbornness. They blamed the travel agent for not passing on the 'special request' and wouldn't offer a room change. So something that should have been sorted out quickly involved phone-calls to the UK to drag the agent into the argument. Eventually we were promised a room change on the Monday.

Back to the room to find there was no hot water. A mechanic came, tested the water, went outside, returned and said we'd have hot water in 5 minutes, which we did. It had taken us 5 hours to get from Manchester to the Bahia's reception; it had then taken 6 further hours to get inside a room and have a hot shower. The next morning again no hot water. The mechanic came and fixed it again. It was beginning to look as though we'd need to phone reception every time we wanted a hot shower.

And then the Bahia tried to slide the room change to the Tuesday! And, frankly, began to insult my intelligence. When I pointed out that we were surrounded by people checking-out so there were obviously rooms coming available, they said it was unfortunate but everyone had come from a ground-floor room. More phone-calls to the agent, this time asking them to sort it or get us into another hotel. Finally the Bahia began to deliver.

So putting these service issue's aside what about the hotel?

Rooms are excellent (even the villa rooms), as well equipped as any I've stayed in. The rooms, blocks and resort - with the exception of the bar area - are spotless. The cactus gardens are excellent and unusual. The pool areas are OK - we especially liked the infinity pool area. There are more than enough loungers; parasols are in shorter supply. Lounger and parasol reservation is rife - the hotel does not enforce its own rules.

The main restaurant buffet food is not of the quality you'd expect; it's OK, but boring after a while. Quite uninspired. For instance, there's more tinned fruit available than fresh. The Asian restaurant in the Bahia Tenerife was probably the best meal. The snack-bar area at the infinity pool has an extremely limited menu (5 or 6 items). Its a 'going-through-the-motions' exercise. Its run by one person only a lot of the time.

The bar is horrible. Clearing tables is only done as a last resort (when they've run out of glasses?), so you either sit amongst other peoples dregs or do your own clearing. And I do object to the only bottles on display being those that you pay extra for. We ended up taking the a short stroll up to the Bahia Tenerife for our drinking - it offers everything that the Costa Adeje doesn't - pleasant staff, refined atmosphere and always clean tables.

The car-hire facilities are excellent - Niza cars operate out of the reps room. You don't even need a credit-card (as long as you have 100 euros for the returnable deposit), just a driving licence, and a standard car is about 45 euros a day.

Would we return?

No. For all-inclusive we'd revert to using the better hotels in the Dominican Republic which are in the same price band as this hotel. They are massively superior.

And if we return to Tenerife, we are unlikely to go all-inclusive again. When you pay as you go you have far more control over the quality of what you receive.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
19  Thank boycs
Reviewed 7 October 2006

Stayed at the hotel for a week with my wife and 3 year old son.We had a fantastic time, my son enjoyed the great pool all week long .Our room was a junior suite, which had a great location and was also a good size ,and kept extremely clean.All inclusive package was good for us as my wee lad could nibble at meal times. The food in my opinion was fantastic, and any negative comments from others on this site make me think what is it they want, because at every meal time the choice and quality of food was incredible.If i have a negative comment about the main resteraunt it would be that it is under staffed at busy times, this can annoy you as plates and glasses are not cleared quickly enough.
All inclusive drink, beer was ok, gin was poor or so im told, wine was ok , white rum ok, brandy very bad, fizzy wine not for me.
If you cant find anything that IS your taste , it costs around 1euro 80 for named spirits, lets face it, that doesnt break the bank.
Idid find the site of some people hammering the free drink a bit embarresing at times, but well why not, they are on holiday and not many people abused it.
Location of the hotel wont do you if you want shops etc, the hotel is a good few minutes by taxi to costa adeje, but if you want a great time , and a relaxing break this is for you.
Would i advise others to go here, yes without doubt. Some small things may not be for you but all in all we had a great time, and indeed will go back some day.
ENJOY

14  Thank ssayrshire
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I don't go anywhere without checking on Trip Advisor first, so when I saw the great reviews I couldn't wait for a last minute reasonably priced all inclusive after spending alot on our main summer holiday. Basically this hotel is rated as 4 star superior but in my opinion it needs to get the basics right before it tries to maintain this rating. We booked direct via e-mail with the hotel and the flights with BA. 30 Euros in a taxi and 30 mins after landing we were there. Remote setting but wanted relaxation so didn't mind. Next morning we had a late breakfast and it turned out to be the only breakfast we had all week. By 9am I would say 90% of the nicely positioned sunbeds were gone, except they weren't! They had towels placed on them(10 Euro deposit for those!) and people came back 3 hours later to use them. I refused to do this and the hotel did not enforce the no reserving of sunbeds rule at all. Every morning we were there to get our favourite quiet spot at the infinity pool at 8.30am and felt agrieved at the hotels inability to stop others reserving thiers and trotting off. Lunch was great, food and wine of a reasonable standard. No real difference between the buffet and the restaurants you can book, they are trying but are understaffed in all areas so waiter service that takes ages just annoyed me. Most times the Lobby Bar is crammed with glass filled tables. We sat for 2 hours one evening without ours or the previous occupants glasses being cleared. We got refused from the Mexican in the 5 star Hotel Tenerife as my husband had not been told when booking that he needed to wear a shirt and trousers for dinner, and as he wears suits all year long, he had not packed any but nice long shorts. Very embaressing and annoyingly pretentious for a resort that has a ridiclous dress code but lets people come into lunch in bikinis!On that note, The Sun newspaper and tattoo from Manchester were also in abundance. I had booked by the time I read the review from the chap who said just that (not for the discerning traveller) and I could go on stating how my expectations were not met but despite all this we had a nice time. You get what you pay for. Weather was 30 degrees every day in the last week of September.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business