6,669 results
All reviewsinfinity poola la carte restaurantsbrazilian restaurantself servicelobby barthomas cooksister hotelmain buffetfree busrelaxing holidayon taplas americascaviarsoft drinksevening entertainmentjunior suitesan miguel
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Having just returned from a weeks stay after having to re-book the whole holiday because the tour operator collapsed - cannot wait to go back!!

I must admit, as an annual visitor to tenerife I hadn't ventured quite as far out of the way and on arrival questioned the recommendation from a colleague. Set in the 'middle of now-where' the Bahia Principe Costa Adeje does exactly what it sets out to do - provide excellent levels of accommodation and service. Nothing was too much trouble, from extra pillows to giving bus times and recommendations for shopping.
Having gone with my elderly mum and 11 year old daughter I would definately recommend this hotel, there was something for everyone. If you wanted to nothing all day every day that was fine, if you wanted to be active there was plenty to do also, and yes you are away from all the hustle and bustle but if you miss it that much its only a short bus or taxi ride away.
The bars and restaurants within the two hotels (the Bahia Tenerife is right next door) are very good although I did feel the seafood restaurant let the side down a bit.
Overall I would definately recommend this hotel, after all if you can keep a 40 something, an 11 year old and an octogenarian happy what more can you ask for!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank Loppitt
Reviewed 5 April 2008

I am very late writing this review, but thought I would share it with you anyway!!
This is a lovely hotel!! Beautiful room (we had a junior suite), very clean excellant maid service, free mini bar, we soon realised though they only re-stocked what you had actually used so empty the fridge before you go out every morning and they will restock the whole lot!!! Food at all restuarants was lovely especially the mexican. Pigeons were a problem but the staff worked tirelessly to keep them away from the restuarants.
Pool was lovely and clean and staff every day cleaning around the grounds, kids club was great, I was hesitant about leaving my kids as I have never done so before but they were fine and looked forward to a couple of hours away from us!!!
Its quite expensive to stay here but believe me it is worth every penny!! (evening entertainment is poor though that dosent bother us) have a fab time!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank wideeyes
Reviewed 29 March 2008

Loved the experience, read the reviews so had ad idea what to expect, thought on arrival we were too young for this hotel, but if you want a chilled out hol with no stress and like to spend all day with i-pod and book by the pool you will be made up here. Missed the restaurant scene at night as abundance of food gets a bit much. Loved the breakfast buffet in particular , no shortage of food here.Favourite restaurant was the Asian - disappointed in Mexican based on reviews. Hotel so clean and rooms spacious and well kept. Loved the idea of renting -(refunded at end of week~) towels from spa which we could change daily for use at pool.Staff good but on a mission to clear your plates - once you put your cutterly down your plate was gone.Definitely would go back and recommend this hotel and package as value for money if you just want ot get away and chill for a week. We were very lucky with the weather had mid-late 20's for the week. Will return!!

Stayed: March 2008
5  Thank SandyMonaghan
Reviewed 25 March 2008

This large hotel is laid out in a pleasant village style, with lots of different pieces to the building painted in bright colours. The garden is beautiful and immaculately kept and the rooms are nice and clean. The mattress in our room was really uncomfortable in a 'crunchy' kind of way (I realise I have never even considered the comfort of a hotel bed before this one). There is a strange saloon type door in the bathroom to screen off the toilet. Staff very courteous and friendly except for a couple of the women on reception.
The heated pool was the warmest holiday pool I have ever been in. It was actually a pleasure to go for a swim, compared to others where you really have to brace yourself before taking the plunge. There are plenty of sunbeds, so even with all the horrible people reserving them you will always find one (they are a bit crowded sometimes). However, there are not enough umbrellas. Some people reserve their umbrellas then merrily go off for a few hours while people lay frazzling in the sun or have to go back to their rooms.
The pool bar serves snacks (mostly chips, burgers etc) and has white plastic garden furniture. It looked a bit grotty and there were usually a few squashed chips lying around on the floor. The coffee, beer, wine and pop machines worked just fine though so it was OK!
The lunchtime and evening buffets were very depressing by the end of the week. I am a person who will eat anything and usually finishes a meal even when they don't like it too much. BUT! There were a few evenings where I hadn't got the will to carry on eating. Even the dishes that looked nice, didn't have any flavour or had a strange texture. You have can eat in one of the 4 or 5 à la carte 'restaurants' 3 times per week. We tried the Italian and the Spanish and they were both as bad as the buffet. I never imagined that my fried calamari with rice would be out of a tin....
Happily, a taxi to Costa Adeje is only 11 euros and Playa de las Americas is 15 euros. Even though Playa de las Amercias is a bit trashy, we felt it was preferable to pay for drinks and have some kind of atmosphere, rather than stay all night in the lobby bar. This bar is a very large space below reception, and because all the surfaces are marble its really echoey and noisy (a bit like a swimming pool on a saturday afternoon).
The hotel is on top of a rocky cove (see pics). The cove to the left of the hotel (not the cala principe one) is quite interesting and there are crabs and waves and caves if you can get down there.
If you usually like to stroll to a local bar in the evening your only choice is the one on site - there is nothing for miles around (see taxi prices above).
Despite these few problems we did have a nice holiday because we went to totally relax and didn't want to do anything. The weather was great! I think this hotel would probably be good for families with young children who want somewhere safe and easy to stay.
This hotel wasn't my first choice, but I was desperate for a holiday so I booked it. I wouldn't go back again but it was OK.
Booked through Jet Tours in france (excellent service).

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jumax
Reviewed 23 March 2008

This was the first holiday we went on with our 8 month old baby and I have to say it wasn't too bad, we have been to worse!!

Like the other review, we requested to be quite central, near reception however we were put in Block 5 which is right at the other end so we too had to take 3 lifts to get to reception or take the long walk!
However a good point was that we were right next to the swimming pools.

The rooms are adequate, except that we were given 2 single beds next to each other. Our baby was slightly unsettled so we had to put her in our bed for a couple of nights however neither myself or my husband could sleep just incase she fell between the beds!!! I'm not sure why they didn't put us in a double bed, as we over heard 2 ladies complaining that they were given a double?!

The food in the hotel was the usual you would expect in an All Inclusive. Chips, Pizza etc etc......
However we were extemely disappointed with the A La Carte Restaurants (if you could call them that!). We only stay in 4/5* hotels and we have to say that we have never been to an A La Carte Restaurant were you have a buffet and serve yourself!

We ate in the hotel once and afterwards we ended up eating out every night (PS do not eat at Bianco's in Mare Nostrum Resort, Playa de las Americas - not good!). We recommend Teppanyaki (chinese/japanese).

GOOD POINTS:
The hotel was very clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful.

Yes you do have to hire a kettle however we booked our kettle and Baby Bottle Steriliser in advance (mrcools-hirechop.com). It is crazy a hotel doesn't have kettles in its rooms?! Very bizarre, not what you would expect in a 4*!

Oh also if you get in taxi with baby or small child tell the taxi driver to slow down before you even get in!!! They do drive mad even if baby is sitting on your lap asleep!!!

Stayed: March 2008