Stayed here for one week with g-friend all inclusive. I'll mention now that we had a massive discount on this holiday because of G-friends job. This is not a five star hotel but there is no reason why it shouldn't be.
I'll keep this simple, and try to remain unbias and look at it from your point of view on what you need to know.
Airport: 2 of us got a taxi, cost about 26 euro and 32 on way back, journey takes 20-30 mins.
Nice welcome at hotel, tip: if able take your own luggage to room as they have bell boys to do that for you and they can take a long time so if your desperate for your case or something in it, be prepared. They have a key so you don't have to wait in the room for them either.
Room was large, clean and spacious, well decorated.
Tip: get pool view if possible because you get side view of sea also.
You can get fresh towells on a daily basis for loungers etc but need to pay 10 euro deposit at reception for each towell, refunded when you check out.
Towells in room changed every day and room cleaned, bed made, floors mopped, very effecient.
Mini bar containing 2 beers, diet and normal fat coke, fanta, and 2 bottles of water, free and re-stocked every day!
safe in room, didn't use. plus all the usual, hair dryer, plenty of wardrobe space with hangers etc.
4 swimming pools, one was a tots pool, one a large pool with central island, a large heated pool, and a large infinity pool. All were immaculate and well maintained. life guards on duty were excellent.
gardens immaculate and well landscaped and maintained. Coming from an ex landscaper/designer.
Food. the main buffet (Mirador) was exceptional, loads of choice, hot and cold, no complaints what so ever, something for every one's taste. If you stay for 1 week you get to book 3 of 5 a' la carte resturants, they are Spanish, Italian, sea food, asian, and mexican. 2 weeks stay and you can try all.
We tried first 3 and italian was best set up with the best food in our opinion. the others were ok but thought they could have done better.
Snack bars provides burgers, chips, hot dogs, jamaican chicken etc through the day on request.
Drinks are self service by tap next to infinity pool, all soft, slush puppies, sangria, red/white wine, lager. Tea/coffee hot chocolate by vending machine, all good, well cleaned area's plenty of cups.
Drink by other pools serviced as kids are around for alcohol but soft are self service.
Shop prices are extortionate for sun cream ie 25 euros so B.Y.O but if you run short i can recommend a little shop for neccesaties about 10 mins walk (Directions later).
Daytime entertainment for kids is spot on, adults there is a gym, spa, squash courts, crazy golf, tennis etc.
Evening entertainment i thought was dire, but it is what you make of it and i couldn't be bothered. Gents wear long trousers/jeans, shoes to dinner, shirt/smart t-shirt as i got turned away for flip flops and cropped linin's.
Overall not much to do at night but if you want a quiet relaxing week away in the sun then this is an excellent stay, otherwise if you want action packed then go las americas (boo)
shop is uphill for 10mins slow walk then 5 mins left at the road juction, can't miss it, it a little supermarket in a court yard, much cheaper and great for any forgotten necessaties.
loved this place, and will highly recommend because of the quality in all aspects, it's all reasonably new, armies of staff to cater for every need, had no compliants and if i did i was being picky because i was having trouble finding proper fault.
Get your sun beds early'ish and a parasol as they do go quick! Happy hols, hope this helped, and i don't think you'll regret this stay, infact i'm sure you won't. respect the sun also, it's a lot stronger so protect yourself well, can't tell you how many lobsters we saw, including ourselves :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas 1 Jacuzzi (at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel) Towel service (prior deposit required) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym Access to the squash court, tennis courts and mini-golf at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel Golf course at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel WiFi (no additional charge) 4 restaurants 3 Bars Meeting and convention rooms Pueblo Principe: live music, shows, sports bar, karaoke, cabaret and disco Rooms 498 rooms including 3 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 single beds Ceiling fan Air conditioning Balcony or terrace Bathroom: bath tub, 2 wash basins, hair dryer Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar Bathroom amenities Junior Suite: hydromassage bath tub, sofa-bed, sitting area, telephone in the bathroom Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional service) Porter service Covered car park Laundry Shuttle bus to Playa de las Americas (one trip per day included in the booking fee) Selection of dishes for vegetarians, celiacs and diabetics (prior notification required) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Hotel Adeje
- Bahia Principe Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Costa Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Bahia Principe Costa
- Adeje Bahia Costa Principe
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Hotel Tenerife
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife