My wife and I stayed at this hotel in early May and even then it was very busy, however we had no problems being seated in the restaurants or getting a sunbed at the pools.
We arrived at the back of two in the afternoon and on check in were told we would not be able to get pool towel cards or safe keys until 17.00, the reasoning being that they had to get everyone checked in to allow them to get lunch before the restaurant closed at 15.00. As we eager to get to the pool, it was a bit annoying we could not get the towels till the next day.
A couple we met who were regular visitors advised us to book the speciality restaurants right away to ensure that we got the days and times that suited. The info given on arrival states you can only book between 10.30-13.00, however the girl on the customer relations desk was quite happy to take our booking at 15.00 on the day we arrived. The Mexican was the best of the three we chose. The main restaurant could not be faulted, there was ample food with a wide choice. The staff were first class and couldn't do enough for you, as soon as your drink was finished they were up re-filling your glass.
This is the first AI I have been at where the the beer pumps and bottles of spirits were on the customer's side. The only time you had to use the bar staff was if you wanted cocktails or spirits like honey rum. The bars in the entertainment square are not included in the AI and you have to pay, however we found them reasonable. One of them shows all the sport.
The rooms were okay and the couple of problems we had were fixed very quickly.
The pool areas were very good, the bottom pool being an infinity pool with a depth of 1.45 metres. The only gripe being that in most 4 stars I have stayed in the sunbeds were equipped with mattresses, however this one only had bog standard sunbeds and after a few hours became quite uncomfortable.
As has been said before this hotel is totally isolated and even to get to the busy bit of Adeje is 12 euros in a taxi. Playa Paraiso is the nearest resort which you can access via the path to the beach outside block 6 and then up the other side. It takes about 20-30 mins to walk and when you get there you will only find a few bars and restaurants all on one street. There is a courtesy bus into Las Americas that leaves at 12.00 and returns at 18.00, but you have to book the day previous to make sure you get a seat.
Did we have a good time? Yes, was it value for money? Yes, would we go back? No, but this is purely on the remoteness of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools Sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas 1 Jacuzzi (at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel) Towel service (prior deposit required) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym Access to the squash court, tennis courts and mini-golf at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel Golf course at the Bahia Principe Tenerife hotel WiFi (no additional charge) 4 restaurants 3 Bars Meeting and convention rooms Pueblo Principe: live music, shows, sports bar, karaoke, cabaret and disco Rooms 498 rooms including 3 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 single beds Ceiling fan Air conditioning Balcony or terrace Bathroom: bath tub, 2 wash basins, hair dryer Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar Bathroom amenities Junior Suite: hydromassage bath tub, sofa-bed, sitting area, telephone in the bathroom Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional service) Porter service Covered car park Laundry Shuttle bus to Playa de las Americas (one trip per day included in the booking fee) Selection of dishes for vegetarians, celiacs and diabetics (prior notification required) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Hotel Adeje
- Bahia Principe Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Costa Hotel Adeje
- Adeje Bahia Principe Costa
- Adeje Bahia Costa Principe
- Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife
- Bahia Principe Hotel Tenerife
- Sunlight Bahia Principe Costa Adeje Tenerife