All reviewsguest loungehomemade jamson arrivalother guestswarm welcomelovely placefull englishtea and cakeexcellent breakfastfollowing morningwelsh mountainsrooms were spotlesssense of humourgreat hostsnothing too much troublehighly recommend this b bfree wifi
Reviewed 12 February 2011

My stay with Nick and Helen was in line with all the other reviews you will see here. They are charming and welcoming hosts who really look after you, from directing us to the parking area to a particularly good breakfast; with perfectly cooked locally sourced sausages and gorgeous home made plum jam. The room that we stayed in overlooked outstanding countryside, and was spotless with great quality bedding (real down duvet and cotton sheets...) All in all a great place and a much appreciated fabulous room.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I received a very warm welcome from Nick and Helen and was shown to an extremely comfortable room. Nothing was too much trouble and it felt like a home away from home. The breakfast was particularly good. Spot on overall.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I stayed here for just one night, but I would have loved to stay a lot longer. I just felt so at home. I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome.
The house is to such a high standard, even if I did have to limbo through the doors (I'm tall, they're not) but that just adds to the whole feeling of warmth and I loved the big breakfast table that the guests share... oh and Helens breakfast, that was lovely.
OK, so not all of the rooms are en-suite or have a tv, but I really never found that to be a problem...
All I will say is, I would live to come back for a bit longer next time.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Never stayed in such a warm and welcoming environment. Helen and Nick are very hospitable and the breakfast really sets you up for the day. Their friendliness exudes across the house as all the residents gather in the lounge for a good chat by the wood burning fire in the evening.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2010

From the minute we arrived, we were welcomed by Nick and Helen the lovely owners who were charming, helpful and down to earth. Breakfast time was not complete without Nick's banter and Helen's excellent homemade jam!

The house was quaint, clean and homely. Every afternoon we were greeted with tea and a log fire.

The rooms were spotless and comfy, and the little touches made it extra special.

The breakfasts were varied and tasty and the hosts couldn't do enough for us. They would advise on local restaurants and inform us of local places of interest.

All in all, we had a relaxed stay right in the heart of idyllic Cheshire.

We will definitely be returning!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple