My husband and I first stayed in this hotel 10 years ago, when it was pretty much the only hotel in Chanthaburi. At that time, the hotel was slightly outdated, but still decent, and we were happy with our stay. We recently stayed there again for two nights and wow... nothing has changed in 10 years besides the TVs in the rooms.
- Good breakfast buffet with many selections
- Central location in Chanthaburi; many places you can walk to from the hotel
- The room we stayed in was super outdated, as were the other rooms on the same floor.
- Our room smelled of mildew, which from reading recent reviews is a common problem.
- The bed was hard as a rock - neither my husband or I slept much at all.
- The water comes out yellowish-brown so you have to let it run for a while.
- Hot water was very intermittent.
- WiFi barely worked in our room and only if we stood by the door.
There are several new hotels in the area with competitive pricing - we ended up moving to one of those hotels. KP Grand really needs to renovate their hotel if they want to stay competitive with the newer hotels in town.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking