Faasai Resort & Spa(Chanthaburi)(Great Value!)
US$ 27
Aiyara Mansion(Chanthaburi)
Amarin Palace(Chanthaburi)
Baankhunmor Resort(Chanthaburi)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to Cambodia for a night. Rated 3 and it is with some glory of old days.
But it's clean and friendly. Decent breakfast included and good air-conditioning. Located Central to old city and the river.
Decor, well if they keep it any longer it can go straight to antique show.. Time to renovate soon. But for a weary travellers to stop and chill it's good for the money.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2016

The room here is big but a bit old. Anyway it is suitable to stay for 5 days. It has everything you need such as AC., Tv, refrigerator. You'll have enough time to check out the gems shop besides the hotel which has a good prices. It has a coffee shop on the 1st floor which we'll have breakfast. About breakfast, the hotel has varies of food but pretty much the same every day. The hotel has a big parking lot but one thing that you have worried is lots of pigeons on the electric wire that can cause your car so dirty.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Room is big but a bit old...also smell a bit old....TV in room is still an old type (not flat screen)

Hotel is in good location, surrounded with jewelry stores and massage spa.

Breakfast varietybis ok. Not that excited but good enough comparing to hotel in other small city in Thailand.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I do take 1's very seriously. But this hotel was just problematic from the start. Here's a laundry list of inconveniences, but topped off by the most dangerous, mold.

CONS
1) There must be mold in the air ducts or something, because in the two rooms I experience, both had the unmistakable, almost overpowering smell of mildew / mold. This can't be healthy! This to me was good enough to warrant an instant 1.

2) Decor. This hotel is very dated. The walls are barren, the room is absent any comfortable feel. The television is an old CRT with no cable.

3) Wifi. Spotty at best. Sometimes fast, sometimes nonexistant.

4) Staff. Poorly trained. I had a minor issue which I brought up, and several phone calls had to be made just to answer a simple question. When I brought up a room issue, the front desk promised to have someone show up, and no one did until I eventually figured out how to fix it.

PROS
1) The price is reasonable.
2) The location is central.

All in all, I would recommend doing a little research and finding a much better deal that would cost you about $30.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

The worst sleeping experience in Thailand. We went here just to chill: a swimmingpool, wifi, fitness and a nice room. ( had to visit Hospital here ) Well all were horrible. Swimmingpool was out of order, they told us after we payed for the room, wifi was not working: unavaible... Fitness same thing. Shower in our room broke down, called the reception and the would send an engineer, never seen him coming. We asked because of this to change hotel, they called the other hotel and told us it was full. I saw this one coming so I called them myself: and oh yes they had rooms. So long story short; terrible wouldnt recommend this to anybody. Sorry..

Stayed: August 2015