“Mold in 2 rooms.”
Review of KP Grand Hotel

KP Grand Hotel
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Chanthaburi
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I do take 1's very seriously. But this hotel was just problematic from the start. Here's a laundry list of inconveniences, but topped off by the most dangerous, mold.

CONS
1) There must be mold in the air ducts or something, because in the two rooms I experience, both had the unmistakable, almost overpowering smell of mildew / mold. This can't be healthy! This to me was good enough to warrant an instant 1.

2) Decor. This hotel is very dated. The walls are barren, the room is absent any comfortable feel. The television is an old CRT with no cable.

3) Wifi. Spotty at best. Sometimes fast, sometimes nonexistant.

4) Staff. Poorly trained. I had a minor issue which I brought up, and several phone calls had to be made just to answer a simple question. When I brought up a room issue, the front desk promised to have someone show up, and no one did until I eventually figured out how to fix it.

PROS
1) The price is reasonable.
2) The location is central.

All in all, I would recommend doing a little research and finding a much better deal that would cost you about $30.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

The worst sleeping experience in Thailand. We went here just to chill: a swimmingpool, wifi, fitness and a nice room. ( had to visit Hospital here ) Well all were horrible. Swimmingpool was out of order, they told us after we payed for the room, wifi was not working: unavaible... Fitness same thing. Shower in our room broke down, called the reception and the would send an engineer, never seen him coming. We asked because of this to change hotel, they called the other hotel and told us it was full. I saw this one coming so I called them myself: and oh yes they had rooms. So long story short; terrible wouldnt recommend this to anybody. Sorry..

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank Sabine K
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

We were enroute from Ko Chang to Phnom Penh. It was a convenient stop. Good size room, clean with comfortable bed. Staff pleasant and friendly. Breakfast was good. It was near a shopping mall, and shops.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Traveltubbies
Reviewed 16 November 2014

I stayed here only one night, arrived after dark on 11th. My room was on 14th floor , it was big, clean but there was no hair dryer. You shall not expect high standard service from them since suddenly i was very sick (around 11pm) and i gave front a call to ask if they have any medicine for stomachache. They said yes but the room had already locked up and they didn't have a key...(so they couldn't help?)
I was wonder if i said i need a help and I couldn't go out to buy medicine by myself, will they offer me anything?
I ended the conversation and tried to call my friend instead, luckily he went out to buy med. for me (only convenient store opened at that time) . He came back with the med. but still couldn't help so i had to wake up driver to drop me at the hospital. As the hotel was in the city so it took me only 5-10 minutes to reach a hospital. In the morning, I asked for late check out and they were ok. I cannot make a review on the price but i m sure it's not that expensive!

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 12 September 2014

I stayed here for one night on the way from Ko Mak to Bangkok. Its a lovely hotel, the bed was comfortable and I slept like a log. There were many English channels on TV. The swimming pool is so good, even it was raining, I stayed in for ages. Location is perfect, a stones throw from the night markets and also Robinsons.
Breakfast was fantastic, a great selection. Staff were very friendy and all spoke good English on reception.
For the price (1,300 Baht) including buffet breakfast, you cant go wrong.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo