Hotel Heritage 2001
Priceline
US$ 86
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdecent staffroom servicenice hotelcomfortable staysadar
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Maybe I got a bad room (#112), but the bathroom was corroded, moldy, crumbling, and peeling. So glad my wife wasn't along! No hot water for the whole stay (not that I wanted it in June), and some of the fixtures were busted. The room was VERY grimy, the air conditioning was somewhere between extremely feeble and non-existent, the bed was little more than a pallet. There was a bare wire sticking our of the wall, and it wasn't out of place in the overall decor. Combine this with bad TV and marginal restaurant, and you have a tough stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Hotel Heritage 2001 is centrally located in the area called Sadar. A very economically sound choice among the choices available. The rooms are okay and centrally Air cooled. The food in the restaurant is nice, especially the non vegetarian. The drinks are priced reasonably. Free Wi-fi service available. They have airport pick up and drop service. The lobby is small but nice. The staff is pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2011

room service was okay nothing special,rooms were small, location of this hotel is not in the central area. difficult to get a transport unless you have your own transport.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I was checking the hotels on net, and found Heritage. The pictures looked good and it fitted in my budget completely. So I booked an executive room thinking that since it is costing more than the other ones, it'll be good and I'll be able to relax with my family. But when we reached Heritage, the look of the entrance made me a bit apprehensive. The cane sofa-sets were all dumped just like that. We entered the reception area and were directed to our room. The lift was so small, only the two of us, along with our luggage, were having difficulty to stand! (and we are certainly not on the heavier side of the weighing scale!!!). We reached our room, thinking that we'll be comfortable once inside, but lo! The whole floor was under renovation. Our room, which was "supposed" to be an executive one, was not even painted properly. It had patches of cement here and there. The side lamps had no switch in them. There was no switch for the AC. It could be turned off only by the main switch. And, thanks to all the work going outside, we were not able to catch any sleep. The sound of continuous banging actually made us bang our heads! Till date, I wonder, WHY did they give us a room on that floor!?!? and were we actually given and executive room, or were we bluffed out of our money. M certainly not going to visit the hotel again!
I really wish I had taken pictures to show the state the hotel was in.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank v_gul
Reviewed 14 June 2009

It is an old property, which has been partially renovated.
The first and second floor rooms are quite shabby, and i would not recommend to anybody to stay here. The third floor rooms have been more recently renovated, and are reasonably livable. The staff is reasonably friendly, but very slow to respond to requests. The phone in my room was not working at one point, and despite multiple requests, was not fixed for nearly 4 days. They have misplaced my laundry, and after I gave a complaint, a staff member came to my room after 2-3 days, with all my clothes in a bundle, saying it was in in lost- and - found. I have checked into my room in the morning, to find used towels and bedsheets and gave two requests to change them. I waited half an hour and then left for work without it being changed. When i came back in the night, it was still the same, and only after another round of requests, was this changed by a rather young looking fellow (probably 15) who really had no idea how to change hotel sheets / blankets.
They have only one restaurant, which in the day time appears very dark and dingy. In the evenings, it is also a very loud bar, and as a result you can not enjoy a peaceful dinner which can get very irritating when one stays for an extended period. I took to having dinner in my room as a result. There is a joint attached to the hotel, which serves rolls and these are quite good.
I would only recommend staying here, if you are on a tight budget.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business