“We like”

Hotel Riu Playa Park
Ranked #68 of 78 Hotels in Playa de Palma
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We've been on vacation in this hotel and really enjoyed stay, everything was good, very good food and lots of choice. The restaurant staff impeccable. Counseling to anyone, especially if it is German, because most of the guests were German, did a lot of noise, which was the least liked.
We loved it and we went back there, not for Mallorca. but to enjoy the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Antonio_Carol
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

yes its true..most people staying here are german, this hotel is not in the uk brouchers- thats proberly why?!
the food was ok, for a 3 star hotel- 2 dinner sittings -
drinks were local wine- beer - coke-fanta-sprite-tea coffee-hotchoc-milkshake-

local area was good, walking distance to beach-bars-clubs-restaurants

had a indoor pool- internet-outdoor pool- 2 lifts-

nothing else to say..its a 3 star all inclusive

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Taurus_World
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My partner and I spent one week in this hotel. First of all, I have to say that there was no problem with the hotel itself at all. Our room was clean, and suitable for the three star rating, food and service were great and the staff was very kind and friendly. Still, I also had difficult times during the week we spent there because of the incredibly high number of Germans we found there and in the town as well. The whole place is exclusively for Germans!
I don't have problems with the German nation, I had problems with the way they behaved. They were drunk all the time, they were screaming and shouting extremely loudly almost all night long in the hotel and in front of our room, They were thumping on the door of our room and even tried to come in in the middle of the night (it is likely that they were so drunk that they missed the room). I wouldn't complain if it all had happened in the pubs or in the streets of the town but they were doing it in the hotel and it was obvious that the staff cannot or do not want to do anything against it. I felt that they didn't care that some other guests were not able to have a rest because 95% of the guests were German and most of them bahaved this way. Many times it was very difficult for me to endure this situation mainly because of the fact that I am expecting a baby and would have needed some rest.
All in all, I can recommend the hotel itself but only if you are German and want to have endless parties. Don't be surprised if you feel that you are in Germany and not in Spain after arriving in Playa de Palma and Hotel Riu Playa Park.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nagyo10
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Riu playa park. Having stayed in a few Riu hotels I knew the standard would be good, even for a 3 star. On 1st arrival we were greeted with a glass of fizzy wine which was a nice touch, the room we were given was at the top on floor 7 which is what i wanted as i like it quiet. Boy was I in for a surprise! I don't know if it was because of the world cup but the hotel was packed from thur to sunday with germans all in their matching t shirts and singing from 8am until 3am!! They do know how to party! When we ventured out into town we were surprised to find that all of the pubs, restaurants and shops werer geared to the germans and we never heard a single english voice the whole time we were there. This town is for Germans. There was no problem as they were quite polite, but it is very partyish there, I would say that it was the german magaluf. The beach is massive, about 6 miles long and it houses s'arenal and can pastilla at either end, we were in the middle.
The hotel is very clean and tidy and run with effitiency, it could do with a little updating though in its day it was probably very posh. The food was lovely and there was never the same thing 2 nights in a row. The drinks were definately watered down though. My husband said the lager/beer was ok . They never took our all inc bands off on our last day so even when we checked out at 12 we could still use food and drink which was nice. The waiters were brilliant, you get 5* service here even in a 3 star the Riu brand is good. So if you want to party and dont mind late nights, you are right in the middle of town, then it's for you. Take earplugs for night time, learn a little german and you will have a ball!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laravfr2
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Food, Staff and facilities are great.
My only disappointment with this hotel, was it is exclusively Germans!
I dont have a fault with this!!!!!

However it appeared "SOME" did not appreciate my 3yr old boy being arround.
He was very well behaved and this made the holdiay less relaxing as you were constantly feeling as you were being judged!

Apart from that, I would visit again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family