See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Good hotel in a good location. Very busy for time of year. Pool very clean but cold.
Easy to get to Palma by local bus and very cheap.
Food and drinks are a good quality.
Not many British people in hotel mostly German customers.
Would return again

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank mooseymat
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Very good Location, second row from the sandy beach.
We travelled as a Family. This is not hotel for family. Almost only Germans, but that is not the problem. For me the problem was German group of men or girls ( 18-25 years). On the Pool they put loud music from their own speakers almost all day ...
The lifeguard was a very nice men, who was every day on mission to calm down the boys.

Every night we woke up min. 2 times, because the drunk Germans came back to the hotel from parties and they made a big noise in whole hotel.

The food was very good.
At the Reception I have the felling that they have not take me seriusly (dity room at arrival, about the cleaning the room)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel in Majorca and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to read that the location of our hotel was to your satisfaction.

On the other hand, we apologize for the failure to meet your expectations regarding the room cleaning. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with the respective heads of departments involved and actions would be taken to address all your concerns.

We are also very sorry to read that other guests’ behavior made your stay less enjoyable. We can assure you that we do everything in our hands to ensure everyone at the hotel has a great vacation. In any case, all our staff always do their best to mitigate disruptive attitudes as much as they can.

We hope you will choose to visit us again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our resorts.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Probably the worst hotel and area I've ever been to. It doesn't cater for English people at all the staff hardly speak English we had no rep they were either German, polish or Spanish. It is pretty much the German magaluf which I can not understand why this would even be recommended by Thompson. We didn't feel safe at all spent most of the time in the room which wasn't even that nice, the German people are so loud especially at night and rude. The hotel has no restrictions on being quiet at night so basically they can do what ever they want at stupid o'clock in the morning. The hotel is just off the strip so your situated around drunk people. It says it's a family resort but it's not there's no entertainment so once you have eaten dinner that's it your bored for the rest of the night. Like I said worst holiday/hotel ever and if your English don't go here.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Alisha B
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. We regret to read that you have left our hotel with an opposite idea in your mind. We appreciate our guests’ comments since they help us improve our services. We will share your impressions with the corresponding department in order to make adjustments, if necessary.

We really hope you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of Guest Service that are typical at our resorts.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I went on holiday with my 18-year-old daughter and we were after a quiet, relaxing week in the sun. Upon arrival, we could see that this was not the holiday we were expecting. We had travelled with Thomson and so we looked for the English Thomson Rep but although a welcome talk was advertised there wasn't a rep. A German Rep was there and she told us that there wasn't an English Rep as the hotel is German based and we were in the area that she called German Magaluf. I would say that 90% of the guests were German men.
So if you did want to spend your holiday surrounded by German young men on a lads holiday or on a Stag Do then this might suit you. We thought that we might be able to escape from the hotel for a few excursions, however, the German TUI Rep just dealt with the German guests and their excursions and so there was no chance of going anywhere. I don't mind German people or Stag Parties but I had not planned on spending my holiday with them.
As it was my daughter and I pulled our sunbeds to the far corner of the garden area and made the best of things. I really feel that Thomson/ TUI need to be clearer in their advertising about this hotel and the area it is situated in.
As for the hotel itself, it was fine. We had requested a quiet room and so we were on the top floor facing the sea. I think that there could have been more of an effort with the hotel dining vegetarian choices. The hotel was clean and the staff were very polite. This just was not the quiet, relaxing break that I was expecting.
Sort your advertising out Thomson - you can not describe the hotel and patio area by the pool as relaxing. The techno German party music which was played at full volume meant that there was no chance of relaxation. We met two British families during our stay and their children were the only children in the hotel. This hotel situated in German Magaluf does not cater for young children.
Think carefully about the type of holiday you are taking before you book - if you want a peaceful, quiet time then look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Quiet room - top floor, away from lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your positive words regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and our staff.

On the other hand, we regret to hear that other guests’ behavior made your stay less enjoyable. We can assure you that we do everything in our hands to ensure everyone at the hotel has a great vacation. In any case, all our staff always do their best to mitigate disruptive attitudes as much as they can.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I spent a week at the hotel with my family. All the staff were exceptionally helpful although their English was not great. The hotel was predominantly filled with German tourists when we were there. The quality of food was good, trying the paella is a must. We had rooms which were facing the road, it was relatively peaceful (more so than pool side) and the views out over the bay were amazing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family