All reviews atlantic suite a la carte restaurant beautiful hotel the guest relations manager chillout area double sunbeds half board old town coffee pods steep hill jacuzzi pool turn down service volcanic rock sun loungers breakfast buffet is comfortable sunbeds private terrace
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my wife found this hotel on a website. It looked lovely and perfect for our next visit to lanzarote. We visit once or twice a year.
We got a taxi (15 euros) with the expectation someone in guest services would show us around as websites can be deceiving. A ten minute walk around with a member of staff is all we were looking for. We were promptly refused entry as we were told it’s a PRIVATE HOTEL. Tell me a hotel in the world that isn’t private. The 3 members of staff on reception were not busy at the time. I’m not sure if there is another hotel in the world that wouldn’t show prospective guests around their establishment.
Anyway, we left disappointed and got our 15 Euro Taxi back to our more friendly Hotel.
We won’t be back.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank col2908
TheManagement011015, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Isla Y El Mar Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Mr. col2908,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
We are really sorry for what have accounted to you. However, we always look after the privacy of our internal Guests but as well we are always pleased to show any other Guests our facilities.
All the staff is deeply committed to exceed our Guests expectations.
We will pass on all your comments to all Departments involved.
Thank you once more for your feedback since your comments are very highly appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you again at La isla y el mar, hotel Boutique and show you around anytime.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I have wanted to stay here since we visited the island a few years ago and our pick up point for a coach tour to Corralejo was opposite this hotel - it looked lovely....and it is! We cannot fault this hotel - the staff are extremely attentive, everything is well maintained and the hotel itself is extremely well designed with an absolutely stunning reception area. It's one of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed in. The hotel itself is well located with great views. The size and capacity of the hotel is just right. We had the best breakfasts ever and the breakfast staff are great and very helpful.The rooms are lovely with an excellent outdoor area with loungers which gets the sun all day. We are just so impressed that the owners seem to have paid heed to the legacy of Cesar Manrique who cared so much about the island and it's beauty - thank you!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
TheManagement011015, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Isla Y El Mar Hotel Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Mr./Mrs. NervousDebs,
We will pass on all your comments to all Departments involved and of course to our Owners since you have appreciated the Cesar Manrique inspiration.
We look forward to welcoming you again at La isla y el mar, hotel Boutique anytime.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

7 nights just finished and all I can say is this - Yes this is a 4 star hotel but to my mind a fabulous four star without a doubt.
I agree about one or two minor housekeeping issues but to be honest any problems I encountered were so minor I never let them bother me!
To all my fellow travellers who complained about the shower leaking a quick tip - don’t rock and roll in the shower and all will be fine - three days in I developed the technique of having a good shower in this modern bathroom ( no shower door) and not a word of complaint from my wife about a wet floor.
To be very honest guys for what I paid to stay here for a week I was blown away with the value for money - I’ve paid a lot more and got a lot less I can assure you.
I can’t comment on the half board buffet as I’m not presently at least a half board kind of guy ( A big part of my holiday enjoyment is experiencing different local restaurants) but I did go to the Kentia Gourmet Club and enjoyed the experience immensely albeit the beef was a bit tough. This must be the place to be seen though as I had a British TV celeb at the next table.
So to sum up - a modern extremely well designed hotel ( and I do mean designed as its all been put together with a great deal of flair and attention to detail) at a really cool price. If I come back to PDC I’ll stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: The classic doubles are fine - if you can - get the hotel to show you one or two before setttling on yours as some are in better positions
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AllanWanderlust

Dear Mr. AllanWanderlust,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a positive review about our hotel. We cannot be more grateful after reading your review, and we can not be prouder, since this means that we are on the right path, in order to fullfill all our Guests' expectations.
All the staff is deeply committed and such positive words are a real motivation for all of us. We will pass on all your comments to all Departments involved.
Our main goal and intention is to exceed always our Guests expectations and this is not an easy job to do. Always, seeking constantly the perfection and the so desire and demanded excellence in service.
We are so pleased that you throughouly enjoyed our new Kentia, Gourmet Club. It is indeed a different experience to try.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Admittedly it’s taken me a long time to write the review ! We contemplated returning this year but thought we would have a change , I wish we had gone back! The room was beautiful and I particularly liked the pool setting . The Loungers were well spaced out and I like the fact that you could press the button for waiter service . We felt thoroughly spoilt at this hotel and it was worthy of an anniversary break . The architecture is unusual and adds to the overall ambience of the place . The breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice .Puerto del Carmen wasn’t my favourite resort however the old town is nice and has plenty of restaurants .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Sally B,
We will love to see you again at La isla y el mar, hotel Boutique anytime.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed at this hotel in March this year 2018 with my husband and two teenagers aged 17 and 18
We cannot fault the standard of the hotel at all, the rooms were fabulous with everything you could wish for in comfort and space.
The two teenagers just relaxed on the luxury beds each day, they didn't party just enjoyed the weather and food.
Step outside the hotel and it is a town that you feel is in a recession.
Although we did find a ZARA and LEVIS shop in the town.
We had a spar treatment too.
In the evg on certain nights there are singers, its great for the mature couple who just need to chill out, excellent staff and treatment too.
Food is exceptional especially the ala carte restaurant
10 out of 10 or five stars all the way

Room Tip: don't pay extra for a pool view, your better without
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family