“COSTA SAL APARTMENTS, PUERTO DEL CARMEN, LANZAROTE.”

Costa Sal Villas and Suites
Ranked #3 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“COSTA SAL APARTMENTS, PUERTO DEL CARMEN, LANZAROTE.”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is a really good place for families with or without children. There are 2 main pools and 2 smaller pools.

The pool bar is a nice refreshing place to try and cool down with either a nice alcoholic drink, a refreshing soft drink, cool smoothies, ice cold slush puppies (frutina) or a nice cold beer.

The staff here are excellent.

The food here is really good.

Room Tip: All rooms must be booked before you arrive.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank charmed27
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend and son for a week between 4th and 11th of August 2012. We booked a luxury apartment and it was well worth it, it was large enough and had everything we required. On arrival we were very quickly checked in and were given room 124. It was very spacious and clean and we had a big balcony overlooking the main pool. The cleaners were in almost everyday without fail and changed the towels almost every day too. The kitchenette had everything that you'd need or want, they even supplied washing up liquid, dishcloths and tea towels. All the staff were very nice and helpful, they were always busy working to maintain the hotel and the grounds.

We ate a few times at the hotel and the food was good, breakfast was always good value and was always a large selection. Beer and drinks were at a reasonable price, as were the ice creams too.

Nearby there are quite a few restaurants and shops, there is a Spar located in the main shopping area and carries all the things we required for our self catering stay. I recommend the Scirroco and the Paradise Beach restaurants we thought these were very good value and nice food.

My only down point was the WiFi I thought it was a bit slow but not sure if this was the hotels fault or that the internet speeds aren't as good in Lanzarote. Seemed to work best around the pool area but you can a get signal in most places.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ward O
Uphall, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

If you are visiting Lanzarote go to The Cavern Rock Bar in old town Puerto del Carmen. Brilliant band called Highly Strung. Paul and Stewart sing all the old rock classics as well as keeping up a great repartee with the crowd. Well worth a visit. 5 star recommendation. Costa Sal apartments are good class with 2 pools and good food will definitely go again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Elizabeth M
Dundalk Co Loutht found.
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just back after spending a very enjoyable week in Costa Sal. Accomodation was very good. Staff were extremely friendly. Food delicious. Restaurants nearby. Beach just a stroll away. I will definately go back again!! Marion O Callaghan. Ireland

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Marion O
London
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I'm just home from staying in room 311, a superior apartment, for two weeks, and I shall never return.

I'll get the main thing over with right away. You have to wait forever for your food, be it breakfast or dinner. I timed it one night and had to wait 35 minutes from the time we finished our starter to the main arriving. Two courses took 1 hour 20 minutes. I didn't have desserts most nights out of impatience despite having paid for them as part of the half board.

I told the hotel about this experience via their suggestion box. When my wife and I sat down to dinner the next night we got ambushed by a blonde woman who didn't give her name but said she was the customer relations manager. She said she likes when the food takes a while to be served, they should have told me the lamb would take 50 minutes, didn't apologise, didn't say she would tell the waitresses to inform us, and pretty much just did her best to put us in our place and make us feel like we were at fault with too high expectations. She left abruptly without asking my thoughts, what we wanted etc.

The incident was just before dinner and totally ruined the barbecue night for me. It's not really a barbecue by the way, it's a buffet with one cheap barbecued steak.

I assumed the kitchen was just badly run, but now I know why the wait times are long - they want customers to buy more drinks. When I got up to find a waitress after it had been half an hour since one was last at our table, we got our food as soon as I told her how long we were waiting. I watched the next night, and saw two women from two different tables stand up and complain to their waitresses about waiting for their food, and both were given their dishes IMMEDIATELY, and one was a table with three kids. I wasn't born yesterday, I know their money-making game. They make people wait so they will spend more money on drinks.

This is a nice hotel building with clean rooms and nice grounds, but it's screaming for new management. They need to fire the customer relations manager with the big mouth and hire one with big ears who will listen.

The web site says you have wifi in your room but mine never worked, so I bought it for nothing. I wouldn't have stayed here had I known because I worked for about 6 hours every day over the Internet, and had to pay £55 for T-Mobile's Roaming Booster and get the Internet through my phone instead. Their wifi only works in the lobby, with the Costa Sal 2 signal. My room only got the Costa Sal 1 signal, which could open Google but was too slow for a search, and so slow that Skype would time out before I could even log in, let alone making an actual call.

The dining chairs are painfully uncomfortable. After three days my left hip was screaming, when I saw a man take a white plastic chair in to sit on. Next time I did the same, and saw another man look at me and say something to his wife, and then he went and did the same thing. I think they also found them uncomfortable. They're metal and too thin and dig into my thighs.

I know holidays are always repetitive, but the dining room only plays four CDs by four artists over and over. If I ever hear The Eagles again, I'm going to rip off Bryan Adams' arm and beat Shania Twain to death with it.

On Sunday morning at 8am we were woken up by two guys digging in our garden. They were replacing a sprinkler hose. I'm sorry but that can wait. Just water them by hand for now and do it after breakfast. There was also digging going on during the day in the main grounds and I heard them use a circular saw at one point. It wasn't too bad for me because I was working in my apartment with the door closed, but it must have been awful for the people by the pool. They really need to leave those things till the off-season in autumn.

If the Elvis singer shouldn't be murdered, he should at least be told to sing Elvis' good and famous songs, not his worst and unknown ones, and to stop asking us to dance - we're eating our dinner, we're not going to let it go cold to dance to Blueberry or whatever the obscure song is called. And how do you do an Elvis set with the likes of Heartbreak Hotel and Love Me Tender? Also, an American accent is not automatically an Elvis voice. Sorry to go on, it's just that we were subjected to him twice. They should book him for at most once a fortnight, and have someone else every other week. It would cost the same and add variety.

I'd give 2.5 stars if I could, but 3 is too high so 2 it is. NOT FOR COUPLES!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hipotels La Geria
Hipotels La Geria
#8 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,560 reviews

Been to Costa Sal Villas and Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK