1,249 results
All reviewsblock blomoold townthese apartmentsrequested blockroom in blocksmaller poolpool barself cateringthe main stripcardiac hillno air congreat apartmentsreception staffturn rightgreat holidaypull out bed
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Was unable to stay across the road at my usual apartments (Panorama) so took a gamble here. I had taken the advice of previous guests and requested an apt at the rear of the complex. Glad I did, nice and quiet, overlooking a small pool, sea view, sun all day til about 4pm. Great large, clean apt. Comfy bed (unlike Panorama!). Very impressed indeed and I would recommend it.
Only comparable downside for me was the gym. Yes, I invariable had it to myself but it was somewhat lacking in equipment, not what I would expect from a Spanish hotel chain. 1, 2 and 3kg dumbells only. Treadmill, bike and Xtrainer, ok and usable. Home gym for lats, leg raises, very old.
Reception staff were lovely, unable to comment on food, bar, other areas. Would not be displeased to stay here again if Panorama was fully booked.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank squarepants69
HGHotel, Gerente at Lomo Blanco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review regarding your stay at Lomo Blanco as it help us to improve our services.
As many complex in the area our priority is to give comfortable relax area, quiet accommodations and all you need to have a pleasant stay.
Gym is part of the facilities you can enjoy. We received many Ironman competitors that use to go an exercise daily and had no queries.Though this is a small complex and not a big hotel that normally used to have bigger space for those sort of facilities.
Anyway if your usual accommodation is full again or if it´s not, it will be really a pleasure to welcome you back.

Regards,

The Managment

Reviewed 28 March 2018

14 of us stayed here to celebrate my fathers 80th birthday,we were allocated some nice rooms close together,with pool views.We stayed on an self catering basis,but ate out. Although not the responsibility of the hotel the walk to the beach is very steep but only a 5 minute stroll down but a 10 minute hike up ! This may cause issues for people with mobility problems. The rooms were very clean and spacious.
The staff were attentive and first class.When one of our party became seriously ill,they arranged for an ambulance and stayed with him to translate etc,well done !
Fortunately he made a good recovery after a short stay in the local hospital. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank craigevans6
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Check in was very simple and took 5 mins only.Room was at back of hotel and on top floor which took about 3 mins to reach-no problems.Room was excellent,large living room with balcony which afforded views of pool and sea.Kitchen was as normal ,with all necessary implememts although socket was badly placed for use.
Bedroom very good with large double bed and plenty of cupboard space.Bathroom had no bath-which I would have liked-but the shower was very good.
Facilities were pretty normal , 2 pools and a childs pool, pool bar with 2 for 1 happy hour.We had one meal in restaurant which was very good.
Location of apartments is excellent,10 mins stroll to Old Town and 5 mins to beach.

Room Tip: Let the owners know what you like,I asked for a room with a balcony and got it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BobbyMc54
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Lomo Blanco as part of our package holiday with Jet2 and will never be staying here again. This was a holiday with my family in which it was to be remembered as it was my grandads first memory. This was ruined on the first day as we got delayed and had to land in Fuerteventura, on the runway, in which we had to stay seated for another 5.5 hours until there was space for us to land in Arrecife baring in mind my grandmother has phlebitis. Also the pilot stated that we were flying as soon as there was airspace in which he later decided that we weren’t flying until 5pm then it was back to when we get airspace, baring in mind a family member at home had messaged us saying we weren’t flying until 5 so basically we were just waiting and waiting. We left Newcastle at 8am and finally arrived at Arrecife at 5.30pm. When we arrived at our apartments we were greeted by a member off staff (Theresa) who was a lovely lady, she gave us an information leaflet regarding the rules ect. With us arriving so late we dumped our bags got changed and went for a meal there was 23 of us so you could imagine. We had our meal and returned to the apartments in which we received a complaint within 1 hour of coming back as we were apparently being too loud, we were sitting playing cards on our balcony. One of the children (1years old) who were on this holiday with us was electrocuted and the staff weren’t at all bothered they sent the maintenance man to have a look and ‘fix’ the problem no first aid was given and my family member demanded they be moved as she didn’t feel comfortable with staying in that room.

The next thing that happened was that one of the other children was shouted at in the pool for being too loud, and got the ball took off them. We went to move some sunbeds so we could all fit in and got shouted at off another holiday goer! Not only did this spoil the whole holiday this meant we now didn’t feel comfortable with being around our apartments throughout the day.

When we asked for our Passports my auntie and grandmother received theirs and then when I asked for ours one member of staff who had short blonde hair was particularly rude and screamed at me and said ‘She’s got them!’ I then explained further that I had booked my own holiday and was in a totally different room from the one they were in, they were in block A and I was in block B room 409. She then went on to say that our rep was coming to speak to us about the complaint that they received on the first night about the noise in which we were accused of coming on a ‘party holiday’ which wasn’t true like I stated above we were here for my grandfathers first memory as a family. There were cockroaches everywhere you looked, surely something should of been done about that?

Apart from the other things I could go on about, the apartment me and my boyfriend stayed in was ok wasn’t the best of apartments but it was always cleaned with fresh towels everyday. But when you go Self catering you at least expect some sort of cutlery do you not? Well we didn’t have any of that not one knife or fork. We only booked here on the understanding that this was a family resort for children and this was falsely advertised And I was so disappointed that our whole holiday was ruined, Therefore these are the reasons we will not be returning to Lomo Blanco apartments.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Leisha B
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a two bedroom apartment at the start of the year.
Good location for us. Probably not ideal if you have mobility issues as the easiest way to the main strip is via stairs.
As I’m sure you’ll see from other reviews the apartments are part way through a refurbishment.
We had an older apartment. It was dated and a bit shabby but very spacious with a large balcony.
Unfortunately the weather wasn’t great so we really didn’t get to try out the pool area.
The reception area is nice and modern.
We didn’t spend much time in the general hotel area.
I probably wouldn’t return until all of the apartments are refurbished.

Stayed: January 2018