Overall - excellent.
Food: went self catering; good kitchinette facilities; lots of local supermarkets to buy from - SPARs are everywhere!!!
Hotel: comfortable; pleasant staff; lovely pool; clean rooms, all ok. Night entertainment is good - starts with kiddies disco, then at 10pm the talent appears. Seems to rotate once a week.
Taxi from airport to hotel will cost about 12 euros - saving money of=n booking tranfers. Funny things was that it only cost 10 euros on the way back!!!
Location: edge of Puerto Del Carmen, so not too noisy and roudy - perfect for young families and those wanting a quieter stay, but still within walking distance of "life". Also, no hills, so no mobility concerns.
Beach: literally a stone's throw away, clean, but watch out - it can get VERY hot in late afternoon sun, so be prepared. Only downside was that the rocks in the sea can hurt your feet when trying to step into it for a little paddle!
Shopping: 8km promenade - haggling a challenge and a lot of items sold can be purchased in the UK. Otherwise, all good - plenty of stuff to buy and bars and restaurants to go into for a light refreshment.
Transport: local buses and taxes all reasonably priced. You can even hire bikes.
Culture: local tours - hotel is more expensive - try the travel agents Last Minute - they're dotted all around Puerto Del Carmen.
In summary - I would go there again, and more importantly, stay at the same hotel - its that good. Granted , I went with wife and child, so my experience of my visit to Lanzarote will differ from others. Nevertheless, I recommend this hotel to familes, elderly, and couples wanting a place to stay away from the typical roudy 18-30 crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set on the oceanfront at Lanzarote's Matagorda Beach, with direct beach access, Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has 3 outdoor swimming pools, gardens, a tennis court and a gym. All air-conditioned accommodation has a balcony, most with ocean views. All rooms at the Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive are bright and functional, with a 39-inch TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some accommodation also offers a microwave, fridge and kettle. The Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has an international buffet restaurant, and a tapas and sushi bar. Drinks are served at the pool bar and lobby bars. An entertainment programme for adults and children over 5 is provided, while the property also includes a kids club and adventure playground. All-inclusive rates include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Puerto del Carmen is only 3 km from the hotel, and Lanzarote Airport is 5 km away. Free public parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Lanzarote Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Aparthotel
- Hotel Sol Lanzarote
- Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive Puerto Del Carmen