“Holiday on Lanzarote ”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had arranged for a car for a couple of days to tour the island. Day 2 and we stopped at Porta Del Carman for a walk and some lunch. We ordered at El Poril as it looked a nice place with a relaxed atmosphere... a smidge too relaxed!!
People came and went and still no food...after 30 minutes I reminded the waiter (who looked horrified) and he said that he would ‘sack the chef’ !!
One dish arrived 25 minutes later and my wife’s tinned tuna pizza arrived a further 10 minutes after that with no real explanation or apology. I have left a photo of the tip that we left....that’s right, there isn’t one!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Been here many times before, food always to the same high standard. Paella is fantastic and comes highly recommended, as do the garlic prawns. Service could be seen as a little over the top as they do like to come over a lot, but it’s just being friendly. Would go back next time we’re back as it’s definitely somewhere you can rely on the food being good

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Decided to eat here on the strength of tripadvisor reviews. As stated before the chap stood outside the restaurant trying to get people to eat there is very friendly. Food was Ok. Nothing sparkling. It was also a very windy evening and sitt No outside was probably not the best idea we’ve had!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After 1 hour wait they brought a pizza we had not ordered and the Ravioli in cream & tomato sauce I ordered for our daughter came out with spicy pepper chilli con carne sauce - exact same as the sauce on my husbands fajitas, they obviously just put this on her pasta too. I calmly explained this must be a mistake and was not what we ordered. I was told by extremely rude head waiter in raised voice " I have 4 thousand customers I wont cry if one is unhappy this is what we serve" No apology, just rude aggresive and patronising. Spend your hard earned money somewhere else folks!!!

1  Thank missdub30
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for the tapas meal for two for €13 maybe we should of guessed by the price how this would be,but a restaurant right on the harbour we thought it would be fresh at least,the exact opposite!Cold overdone prawns in cold oil, frozen onion rings,hard potato’s the list could go on,all seemed frozen not authentic Spanish tapas at all.would of been better going to Iceland! On a good note staff were fantastic beer nice,cold untasted food lets the place down as the staff work hard.maybe try the main menu rather that set tapas and this would be better.thank you to the staff for making the night nice,very polite