See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Warm welcome. Comfortable room, the design of which was slightly bizarre but if you don't mind sitting on the loo in view of the bed it is quite acceptable.
Excellent dinner, good local beer and wine. There are some parking spaces opposite, one euro per hour from 8am until 5pm. If full, there are many roads to park within 200/300hundred yards.
In all, we were well pleased to have visited

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

If you are staying in Lahr then this is the place to book a room but we came for the food this year. The restaurant serves great tasting dishes. The cuisine is varied. The chef that makes the food knows what he is doing.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Welcome was very sober. The room was ok. A bit strange in setup, but clean and I liked it. I didn't like that I stepped into a nail that was sticking out of the old wooden floor. I mentioned it the next morning and I guess it will be fixed for someone else's stay.
I also didn't appreciate that when I asked how early breakfast could be served and the answer was 7:30 AM, that next morning when I went down for breakfast at 7:30 sharp, some else had already had breakfast and was leaving. I needed to get out early and had made this clear.
The breakfast lady was very friendly and the breakfast was good too.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2015

The Hotel Zum Loewen is a good option for those visiting Lahr. It is located in the town centre - mere steps from the old Rathaus and the main shopping area. The staff of the family-run establishment were friendly and welcoming. The room I had was recently renovated, incorporating many new features and amenities, but retaining the rustic charm of the old building the hotel is located in. (exposed timber beams, etc) The bed was comfortable. At times I could hear other guests and staff talking (quite loud - so there is soundproofing issue somewhere) but it was not a problem overall. The hotel also has a notable restaurant and the food is very good. I ate there both nights and was very pleased. Strangely, the restaurant is not listed separately in Trip Advisor currently.
A drawback is that the hotel is described as having parking on site. However, this is misleading. Public street parking is nearby (if you can find a spot) and you will need to feed the meter every 2 hours during business hours (Mon-Sat). As I was there on a weekend this wasn't a huge issue but could be a consideration for those arriving by car. The wifi signal was very weak in my room and cut out occasionally. Perhaps a second router on the level of the bedrooms would improve this.
Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would certainly consider staying here again the next time I am in the beautiful Schwarzwald.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel had a lot of positives. The location is excellent, right in the marketplatz which was perfect for walking around and taking in the culture. Close to shopping and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful and spoke English. Paid parking was close. The wifi was strong. Beds and linens were clean and comfortable. The rooms were a "modern" open concept so the shower and toilet were open to the room. If you are shy about your toilet time this could be a negative. Otherwise a great stay and I would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple