“We dug the Clam Digger”

The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
Reviewed 6 August 2007

After scouring the internet for reviews on Atlantic Beach hotels, we decided on the Clam Digger Inn. Located in a quiet part of Pine Knoll Shores, it had the largest amount of positive reviews among the hotels we looked at. I'm pleased to write that the reviews were very accurate and we were extremely pleased with our stay at the Clam Digger.
Every room is oceanfront with a private balcony. The staff were all friendly, helpful and courteous. The room was very clean and contained all of the amenities as described on their website.
The pool and hot tub were open until pretty late at night for those bathers that just can't get enough. The beach was also lit up until late at night making it possible for people to take walks or do some night surf fishing. The hotel has a nice lounge and restaurant and there's plenty of parking. The check-in and check-out process was very smooth.
We had only one issue during our visit - our bathroom sink was clogged up. After making a call to the front desk they sent someone up to fix it within fifteen minutes.
They provide you with a card that allows you to charge stuff right to your room so you don't have to be bothered carrying cash while you're out at the pool or on the beach. They also provide rental beach chairs and umbrellas and have them set up for you.
Overall it was a very pleasant experience and we would definitely go back to the Clam Digger Inn!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Shaneworth

Reviewed 1 June 2007

We absolutely loved our stay. Everyone was very friendly, the rooms were clean, the bar and lounge is a plus at night and Jimmy the bartender makes the best drinks. The restaurant was just ok but The Channel Marker Restaurant by the bridge was our favorite and second was DJ Shooters about 5 miles down the road. The pool was great and at lunchtime they open the bar outside and serve good hotdogs. The beach was nice and quiet and very clean. A must to see is Ft. Macon, the Aquarium, and a trip to Beaufort to shop and take a boat ride is a nice day out. Plenty of different destinations. We loved Cape Lookout Lighthouse and Shackelford Banks with the wild horses. My husband and I are planning on returning again for another relaxing stay. Another plus is that the rooms are very quiet.

Stayed: May 2007
5  Thank bambygirl
Reviewed 25 April 2007

The good things I can say about the Clamdigger Inn is that the staff were very friendly, the parking was plentiful and the location was great! While we were there, the parking lot was being resurfaced and it looked great. The negatives about the Clamdigger Inn were the cleanliness of the bathroom and the bed. The bathroom was not as clean as I would have liked it to be. The worst thing about our entire stay was the bed. After two miserable nights, I talked to the front desk staff about the bed. The lady at the front desk said that all their beds are "very firm". Okay, I know firm but hard as a rock is a little too much. That night before going to bed, I peeked under the mattress. To my surprise, I found a piece of plywood. No wonder the mattress was "very firm". We promptly removed the plywood and stuck it in the stairwell. The mattress was a little better but we still did not sleep well the rest of our stay . The other complaint I have is about the restaurant. We ate breakfast two mornings at the restaurant. The first morning, we have eggs and hashbrowns which were good. The next day, we had pancakes and sausage. By noon that day, we began suffering heartburn and diarrhea. Thank goodness for Pepto. I don't think you can screw up pancakes so we guess it was the sausage. I have stayed at the Clamdigger Inn many times when it was the Ramada Inn. In the past, I always had a wonderful stay with no complaints. Since the Inn is now privately owned, it has definitely gone downhill. Unfortunately, I will not be staying there again and cannot recommend it to others!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank watyrcrystal
Reviewed 8 April 2007

We were refered to the Clam Digger Inn from a really nice lady who runs a bed and breakfast. We drove from Claudville, VA. I have stayed at Emerald Isle quite a few times before, my family used to come down for a week every summer. But my husband had never been before. When we got there the man who was at the front desk was ADORABLE..he was veryyy sweet, and explained everything we needed to know. They provide carts for you to carry your luggage to your room (which I thought was a great idea). When we got in the room it seemed to be VERY clean, and the view from our private balcony was wonderful. They have brochures for a lot of the things to do around the beaches. The staff also seemed to be pretty knowledgable. There were a few other things that I thought were particularly wonderful about this hotel. They have a pool table, a free jukebox, a DJ comes to play music on Friday and Saturday nights, if you want to walk on the beach at night they will loan you a flash light, and the resturaunt was WONDERFUL!! The only thing that I didn't care for was the fact that the maid comes by the room at the crack of dawn and beats down your door. But at least you know that your rooms are clean! My husband and I plan on comming back in July to stay here again, we LOVED it!!

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank beechlover
Reviewed 12 January 2007

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel and were impressed by the rate and what the hotel had to offer. Since it was our first trip to Emerald Isle we did a lot of research online and picked this hotel because of its location, ocean front rooms and balconies and of course the price. It is an older hotel and you can tell by the rooms. I also felt the facility was modest with the amenities, but the rate and view made up for it. I would recommend this facility to anyone who is traveling on a budget and ok with staying in an older/average hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jkkoalabr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Knoll Shores
5.9 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
5.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
19.7 km away
Islander Hotel & Resort
Islander Hotel & Resort
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK