See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

St. Flavie was our first stop in a two week Gaspesie road trip. We came across the small motel associated with the Centre D'Art while doing Internet research for the trip.
What a pleasant surprise when we got there! Unusual wooden statues from the front lawn all the way to the sea. My mother, who visited Gaspesie 50 years earlier, spent over an hour taking photos of the outside.
The reception staff, who also looked after the art gallery and attached restaurant, were wonderful and very helpful. Our two rooms overlooked the water, and we could see the statues emerging and receding with the tides. The rooms were spotlessly clean and spacious.
We had an early dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Food was well prepared and reasonably priced. I had the lobster special - very tasty though messy to eat. The bib our waitress provided came in handy. My parents shared a seafood pie, while my wife had the cod special. Having a children's menu was a definite plus.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Centre D'Art Marcel Gagnon has received mixed reviews, so I wondered whether it was worth a visit. It is worth a visit.
We had room # 10 which faced the road. We tried to change to a water view but they were full. I know you heard about the road noise. We had our window wide open and there was road noise, but it did not prevent us from getting a good night's sleep. The room is small and I would not suggest it for more than one night. However it was attractively decorated and efficiently laid out. The key point is that it was neat and tidy. We decided to try dinner even though some reviews were negative. If you expect gourmet dining, go elsewhere. If you want warm friendly service and a nice meal, this place will do just fine. We split the game terrine to start and had the seafood linguini, with a nice white house wine. Our server made an ordinary meal outstanding. Sometimes it pays to remember that most of us are ordinary folks, and an ordinary dinner that is well served can be a very special evening. Our breakfast of two eggs, home fries, toast and jam, fresh fruit, orange juice and coffee was served with a smile and kind words. If warm friendly service, middle of the road food and a smallish but well appointed room in a funky location seems interesting, then this Inn is worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BSCSkiers
Reviewed 28 September 2015

This is a great place to stay. Just a few rooms so best to reserve. The owner is an artist so there is a gallery of his work and a few others. the sculptures that are in the water are a sight to see. Some are submerged as the tide comes in and a few float on a raft. The food was great and service was friendly and very helpful. Language is not an issue. The rooms were great and we had one look out a the water. The sunset was spectacular. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2015

My flight from Mont Joli airport was cancelled due to heavy fog, and I had to spend the night in the area. WIth many of the hotels filled up, I ended up here at Centre d'Art Marcel Gagnon. And what a wonderful surprise it was.

This is a quaint hotel that sits right on the shores of the St. Lawrence Seaway. I opened the window and was greeted by a pleasant breeze and the soothing sounds of the waves.

But the most impressive aspect of this hotel is the staff. They went out of their way to help me - a stranded traveller who doesn't speak much French - feel right at home. They were proactive and helpful in every way - I can't say enough positive about how they treated me.

If you're looking for a peaceful night,and a friendly staff, this is for you. Instead of staying in the city of Rimouski whenever I come to town, I will stay here.

Room Tip: I was in room 3, but I believe al the rooms have windows that face the Seaway.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank philipbates
Reviewed 18 November 2014

We happened upon this hotel on a cold rainy September night on the way to Quebec City and were thankful they took us in. It's an unusual place and the rooms are dated, but the price was right. The food was ok but the most intriguing thing was a series of 80 eerie life-size concrete figures in a row leading to the hotel parking lot from the St. Lawrence.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple