“Second Time Around”

Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Lindsay
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Adult casual fine dining Steakhouse with a broad menu of chicken, pasta and salad entrees.
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Visited Hobart's recently for the second time after a not so great visit the first time. Promptly seated, our waitstaff was very attentive. We ordered Chateaubriand for two and drinks. The meal was proceeded by a small loaf of warm bread and a sample of our much anticipated Chateaubriand. It was delicious and probable the best I have tasted.
My complements to the chef and staff.
We will return.
My one oddity is that they do not open till 4 PM. If you have not made reservations on the previous day for the next then being unable to call till 4 PM might deny you a table that evening. Not sure how that could be remedied because you cannot discuss seating times with a voice message.

Management response:Responded 14 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback Aurora1. We're thrilled you enjoyed your Chateaubriand! And, thanks as well for your comments on reserving a table. We do offer reservations online via OpenTable as well as by phone and hope that this alleviates any inconvenience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2017

I have been quite disappointed recently while visiting this establishment. While requesting a small amount of brie to be added over top of my steak, i was told it cannot be done. 3 months prior to this particular outing, I had ordered brie on my steak, and after much debate they did allow a slice of brie to be added to my steak. Last night, again I ordered this and the manager came out to our table, which included 3 couples... This was a very special occasion, and we felt interrupted over the managers need to escalate and address the issue of a slice of brie.He promptly told me this restaurant does not accommodate brie to be served over top of a steak, however if I wished I could purchase the whole brie cheese itself, as it is not conducive for their establishment to open a container of brie, for one customer, for one order.

We instead ordered blue cheese over our steaks, and there was merely a dusting of blue cheese for two steaks,.. For an additional ten dollars.

I was very taken back at this lack of customer service, our table spent well over three hundred dollars last night, which, in my opinion would have well covered a slab of brie.

Very disappointed and will not be recommending this establishment, due to their lack of ensuring customer satisfaction.

Service was completely mediocre.

1  Thank voyager102017
Hobart's S, Manager at Hobart's Bar & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

You are quite correct, I am embarrassed to say that I should have, in your case made the exception. This will be corrected to ensure that there is a price established to accommodate this and other special requests going forward. I will ensure that the staff are all aware a procedure to attend to such requests without having to ask for approval. If the guest wants something we can do and is willing to pay a fair price it must be done.
Thank you for correcting me. Please feel free to contact me directly. Frank.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Awesome food, awesome service, can't wait to go back, sadly I was told by someone they didn't enjoy their evening there, that's why I waited so long to try it...big mistake...I wish I had gone sooner!

Management response:Responded 6 January 2017

Thank you for your review, Imisher. We're so happy you tagged us as "awesome" for both food and service and look forward to seeing you again soon too. Best wishes for a Happy 2017!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Returning to Hobarts, I cannot say that my meal wasn't anything but good(pasta dish) but in comparison with say East Side Mario's menu, it is pricier and less in amount. I was disappointed to find that my Caesar salad, side dish size, was eight dollars! In it was two pieces of bacon and four croutons and it was only covering the bottom of the bowl!. I will not frequent the restaurant again because of this. I have tried Constatines, also in Lindsay, and paid less for a great entree of which I had to bring some home and a Greek salad , which is very good, costs approximately ten dollars and easily feeds three or four. I will go there or make the drive to Peterborough to East Sides.

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Good seating , service was quick and easy to get in . Ammenities were clean and easy to get to.
Recommended the steak and was cooked nice - large portions served .

Management response:Responded 28 December 2016

Thank you for choosing Hobart's, David. We really appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your meal. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!