“Good Food. Friendly Staff. ”

Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Lindsay
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 19
Description: Ranked by Foodpages.ca as #1 restaurant in Lindsay! Something for everyone, from early breakfast to late night dinner, drinks and desserts!
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

This is a good place to meet for libations and food. The atmosphere is quiet. It makes for easy discussion and business. The staff at friendly; they aren’t necessarily prompt. Be patient. A comfortable choice for a good meal in a relaxed environment.

1  Thank CanadianCycleTravel

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We went there for breakfast today because we had friends visiting from the UK and there was a large group of us. We were sitting at a table right in front of the kitchen beside where the cakes are. The food was good, our waitress was very nice but at the very end of the meal, after we had paid, I was looking towards where you would walk to the kitchen and a rat ran out of the hallway. Immediately one of the employees ran over and kicked the rat back into the kitchen. I was so disgusted that I went to talk to our waitress and she said she would bring the manager over. Once the manager came over to talk to us I asked how long they had had this issue and all he said was "just today. It's already dead there is nothing I can do, sorry" and walked away. He was very rude in how he talked to me about the issue. I will never ever be going back to this establishment if this is how they run it. I was so disgusted knowing I had just eaten something that came from somewhere that has rats inside the restaurant.

1  Thank adanks2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Very very good nice wait staff Katrina was great. Nice and clean salmon was perfect and lots of deserts I’m going to try next time lots of deals each day very well managed no question good value

2  Thank DwallyH
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing cheddar and broccoli soup it is big and flavorful. The latte is amazingly beautiful and tasted blissful.

1  Thank Abbie B
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I love showing off our local restaurants to family and friends. Being a fairly small town, Lindsay doesn't have a whole lot of selection when it comes to something 'a little different'. Thanks, again, Symposium, for being a little out of the ordinary, so that we could offer our family a very good meal, in an interesting 'up-scale' setting. We'll be back (in fact my Sister just told me yesterday, that she would like to come back again when they visit next time).

1  Thank debit7