Have stayed at Resort Hotel Genting Highlands previously but much preferred First World Hotel after staying here. Mainly because of the location. It's quite a long walk from the bus station and the themepark to the other hotels, whereas the First World hotel lobby is just directly below the themeparks.
We went on a special package 2 nights for the price of 1 because I think the hotel was undergoing refurbishment at the time. However, saw a board in Genting listing all the prices of the various hotels in the area and felt that even without the deal that we got, First World Hotel was really very very reasonable compared to the rest.
Check-in took a while (approx 30 min waiting for our number to be called), because we weren't world club members and couldn't use the check-in kiosks. Check out was fast though, you can just slip your card into the check-out kiosk machines.
service was good. We requested for a renovated room and late check-out, both were granted. Deposited our luggage at the baggage counter for 2 hours until our bus home with no problems whatsoever
Room was clean and adequate. They have 2-in-1 shampoo and body soap so either bring your own if you're not used to that, or you can just buy from the watsons store downstairs. Kettle and coffee cups with coffee/tea provided. There are no wardrobes just an open rail above the luggage rack to hang your clothes. Our room had no view, looking out into an alley and directly into the room opposite us so we had the curtains closed all the time. But didn't have an issue with this since we spent most of our time outside, and you get great views at the lift lobby anyway.
They also had a hot and cold water dispenser at our floor. We didn't even bother boiling water, just got water from the dispenser when we needed it, and replenished our water bottles on the way out.
Had a great time at the themeparks and it was always nice retreating back to our rooms for a rest after a tiring day out. No complaints whatsoever, great value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The world's largest hotel First World Hotel is adjoined to the First World Plaza, which boasts 500,000 sq feet of indoor theme park, shopping centre and food galore. A lush, grand tropical rainforest greets guests at the main entrance of the First World Hotel, followed by a spacious Spanish courtyard lobby. All rooms are comfortably furnished with modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your First World Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1st World Hotel
- First World Genting Highlands
- Hotel First World
- First World Hotel Malaysia/Genting Highlands