“One of my 'special' places to stay!”
Review of Inn on the Lake

Inn on the Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fall River
New Brunswick
“One of my 'special' places to stay!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I LOVE Inn on the Lake!! My husband and I have stayed here 4 times on our annual anniversary bike trip. This was our 25th wedding anniversary, so it was kind of nice when we found out that none of the regular rooms were available, so we had to upgrade to the only available room left - which has the jacuzzi tub in the room. Not sure if I'm a fan of having a jacuzzi tub IN the room (not the bathroom), but it was a nice little novelty.

I actually preferred the regular rooms we've stayed in before. I believe that all of the rooms have balconies, which is so nice these days when most hotels do not. Love the view of the river, sitting on the balcony watching the sunset, and then waking up and having a cup of coffee outside before starting the day.

I think the two things I love most about this hotel are the restaurant, and the grounds. The food is PHENOMENAL!! Always the best meals are here when we do our week long bike trip of N.S. The grounds near the river are beautiful!! Makes you forget that there is a 4 lane highway next to the hotel! The staff were also great, wish I could remember their names, but I did write a nice note about two of the staff in particular who were wonderful to us.

Rooms are very clean and beds are always very comfortable. Suggest you book early as normally they are not full the middle of June - but word about this little gem of a hotel must be spreading!

Room Tip: side overlooking the river - beautiful view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Very nice location, 5-10 min from the airport. Good sized rooms, some with great views of the lake. One major drawback is the lack of an elevator. Makes hauling a family's worth of stuff up 3 flights a bit of a pain. Overall good though!

• Stayed June 2012
Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I recently attended a workshop sponsored by the Department of Justice at this hotel. I estmiated about 50 or 60 participants at this event.

The accomodations are fabulous! I stayed in room 201, which is a very spacious and beautifully decorated room - with a view of the lake, a beautiful fireplace, a large flat screen t.v., a king sized bed and jacuzzi tub - and all for a very low price because we received a group discount. I was in heaven!

Also, if you like gourmet food - try the restaraunt in the hotel or order room service. Unlike most places which serve gourmet dishes - the portions of food at this hotel are actually quite generous.

The service was also very good and most of the people who work at the hotel are fairly attentive of their client's needs.

They also sell beautiful and unique pieces of jewellery in the lobby - at excellent prices - which are shipped from New Brunswick. I have since received quite a few compliments with regards to a couple of earrings which I purchased.

I, unfortunately, took ill during the trip, but was lucky enough to be able to access a pharmacy, which was just a five minute drive away.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace! If you don't like stairs - ask for a room on t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We have had many stays at the Inn on the Lake, it is a convenient location if you don't want to get into the traffic of Halifax. The lake area is relaxing and beautiful, all seasons. The pool is refreshing and never seemed to busy. Both restaurants offer something a bit different the dining room elegant and relaxing, Oliver's Pub is a cozy good feeling spot to have a late snack or evening cocktail. The rooms have mostly been renovated and still offer the unique style of the Victorian day. I would recomment a patio as the evenings can be delightful overlooking the pool.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed at the Inn on the Lake, along with my husband, as I had an early morning meeting in Fall River the day following our stay. This hotel provides an inexpensive alternative for those wishing to stay near Halifax proper while avoiding city centre prices, or for those who prefer to be a little out of the way while enjoying the quiet of a more suburban setting.

The check-in area is warm and inviting and the staff was courteous. Be forewarned, there is no elevator (although it is a short walk up to the rooms on the second floor) but there are drive up suites and/or baggage assistance apparently (this was not a factor for us, but may be for some individuals with health/mobility concerns). Parking was included, which is a bonus. Our room, with queen bed and balcony, was very clean, spacious and comfortable. It was relatively quiet, although we did hear televisions through the wall (for those who are noise sensitive), but this was negligable.

We enjoyed a drink at the pub downstairs. Jody, the bartender, was very friendly and poured a great pint!

Because of the amicable atmosphere and decent night's sleep, I would stay here again if in Fall River in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a drive up room in advance, if stairs are an issue.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fall River
Downtown Halifax
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites

Been to Inn on the Lake? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK