“Nothing But Dirt”
Review of Pine Tree Motel

Pine Tree Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eganville
Reviewed 22 September 2016

This place should be condemned. While working on the road I have stayed in a couple places that you wonder what has happened in these rooms but this one tops the list. The floors are so soft (rotten) that you had to watch where you stepped while coming through the door. The door had a crack in the top that bugs could get through and buzz around while trying to sleep. I actually slept with my clothes on in my sleeping bag, as I wouldn't use their sheets. The neighbor had to complain about no hot water. The drain for the bathroom sink had a crack in it and leaked on the floor. At $99.99 a night we asked for our money back and told the owner this place is disgusting and shouldn't allow people in these rooms. We ended up getting a full refund. Never again.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Neil P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

This motel really needs to be torn down. We could see daylight all around the door. Killed several spiders and picked up some dead June bugs. Paint peeling everywhere. The sink drain was broken. No plug. The caulking around the tub looked like it was done by a blind person. Spiders living in the tub so we chose not to use it. Another spider web under the table between the beds.
And to top it all off, someone stole all four of our tire stems. Stay away.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Small Motel next to the raod.
Need a absoluted refreshment outside. It is not invited.
But the price is ok for the place and the room are clean but they still have shagy carpet from the 60's ( orange color ).

But the bed are clean and comfortable. Batheroom need some maintenance.

It is well situated and there is restaurants and beer store walking distance.

I am not saying don't go there because I will go there again if I am in the area. But you have to know how it is exactly.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cupidum
Reviewed 11 July 2015

I had to stay in the Eganville area for one night on a business trip. Firstly, there isn't much selection in the area, and what options you have are overpriced. At $60 a night, this was by far the cheapest option for accommodation in the area… and this really is a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

The place is a dump. I had a hard time getting into my room, because the door was stuck. Once I got it open, I almost knocked over the TV, which was awkwardly balanced on a little makeshift table right inside the door. Closing the door was equally difficult. I had to lean into it with quite a bit of my weight to get it to latch shut.

The room had a small fridge which was not plugged in, and two microwave ovens. One was sitting in the middle of the floor, and the second was on top of the fridge. Neither were plugged in. I plugged in the one on the fridge, and it started beeping at me. I set the clock, and it stopped. Within a couple minutes, the microwave had reset and it was beeping again. I unplugged it… I did not use it.

The bathroom was disgusting. The light fixture was filled with dead bugs and the shower head had mould on it. There was a towel behind the toilet to absorb the leaking water connection on the toilet. There was a dead bug (I don't even know what it was) on the towel. Everything was mouldy, rusty, and dirty. The sink was in the 'bedroom' beside the fridge.

Decor… not important, but ugly as sin. Junky old lamps, and a mirror leaning against the wall.

There was a very small, very old, very loud, air conditioner (window-style) mounted in a hole cut out of the wall at ceiling height - not exactly convenient for adjusting the controls.

There was no alarm clock in the room, which is something that I take for granted until it's not there. That's a pretty basic amenity to have in a room. There was also no coffee maker in the room, even though the motel's website says that they have them in the rooms.

FREE INTERNET!!! Yes, if you can get it to work. Once I got the password from the office, I was able to connect my laptop, and got weak and sporadic service that would cut in & out. The signal was so weak my phone wouldn't even recognize their network, never mind connecting to it.

This place is terrible. At $60 a night my expectations were extremely low, and I was still disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Rob R
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Rooms are out dated-shag carpets,,,,big hole in bathroom door covered with wood,,,,no chain lock in hotel door,,,,,,,but it was quiet and served the purpose for us. Have to ask for the internet password and the connection is not the best.Maintenance man was on call for our complaints about the lock.Bathroom sink outside the washroom.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eganville
36.7 km away
1.4 km away
The Egan Inn
The Egan Inn
#1 of 3 in Eganville

Been to Pine Tree Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK