“What a delight”

M'deena Moroccan Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Otley
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 52 seats , in a North African style atmosphere,we cater for gluten free , vegetarian and vegan ,it’s bring your own wine at no charges , Our restaurant awarded the best food and drink award last year on otley business award .
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We have been meaning to visit for some time and I am so glad we finally made it. It was quiet at lunchtime on Sunday and we went with a couple of friends.

I had the Moroccan mint tea which was lovely and reminded me of holidays in Turkey and Marrakech.

We had planned to try the sharing platter of starters but the only other table dining had their food delivered before we ordered. It all looked and smelled so good we decided to order mains.

My husband and I had the grilled aubergine and halloumi dish and it was utterly delicious. Our friends had a meatball tagine and the spicy falafel and they both looked good too!

We didn't have room for dessert after the main course.

The waiter (and I think owner) was very attentive and cheery and showed us the more traditional dining area upstairs. It looks great and would be really evocative at night with lots of other diners.

We were advised to book if we want to go back for an evening meal. Rest assured we will be doing just that!! My son is vegetarian and would be spoiled for choice.

A real treat to have this place so close to home and a great alternative to the usual curry/Chinese offering!!

2  Thank Judy F

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Oh what a joy to find this lovely little place!
The friendly Algerian owner has combined Lebanese and Moroccan Menus to create this gorgeous restaurant.
Decorated quite simply, it is a ‘bring your own alcohol’ establishment and they do not charge corkage.
My companion and I had a shared platter starter for £12.99. It was a long plate filled with different salads and dips and a side plate of pitta. We then had both the lamb and chicken koftas at £11.99. We asked them to make them extra spicy and they were happy to oblige. The food was simply exquisite!
The only down side was that the toilets are in the cellar so anyone elderly or infirm will have to cross their legs…
I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Been here several times. The food is good and the staff are very helpful and friendly but not in your face like at some places! They're very flexible about what you order, e.g. some of us just had 2 starters, some had a starter and dessert and some a normal meal. A good place for veggies and happy to adapt for dairy free.

2  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Dined there for a family birthday dinner for four and the really good standard of food endorsed by a sister who has just been out to Morocco. All the starters and mains delicious and fresh. (Only quibble is that on a previous visit we found the baklava didn't quite come up to the standard of the rest of the food on the freshness rating but that wouldn't stop us going again and again.) Friendly service - could be a tiny bit faster - but definitely a favourite venue. And, last time we dined there, some fellow diners who were overnighting nearby in order to fly out of Leeds Bradford airport the following morning said how lucky we were to have this as a local. We heartily agree!

2  Thank Portia B
Reviewed 8 March 2017

This is a welcome addition to the normal range of Indian, Chinese, Italian and Thai restaurants. The BYB policy keeps the cost well down and the food is interesting and tasty while the service is friendly. The slight downer is the decor but that's just being picky. I've been two or three times and it's consistently good.

1  Thank Jimsim65