“stunning. just plain stunning.”

White Witch Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Rose Hall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Situated on the historic 4,000 acre Rose Hall Estate, and sited on 200 acres of lush greenery and rolling countryside, The White Witch Golf Course is carved from the rolling countryside of Jamaica’s historic Rose Hall Plantation and is an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Robert von Hagge and Rick Baril. This 6,758-yard, Par 71 treasure is named for the plantation’s beautiful but wicked 19th century plantation mistress, Annee Palmer. Legend has it that Annee’s ghost still haunts the estate, creating an alluring mystique that has fascinated island natives and visitors for generations. Winner of the "Jamaica's Best Golf Course" award at the 2015 World Golf Awards, also rated as the #1 Golf Course and #1 in Golf Shop Staff service by Conde Nast Traveler. The White Witch is considered one of the finest golf courses in the Caribbean, characterized by mountainous terrain, cool trade winds, colorful foliage and spectacular ocean views from 16 of its 18 holes.
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I played this course on May 28, 2009 while on a business vacation. Just going to the driving range was incredible. At least a 150 ft drop to the range. Then the 1st tee. If that doesn't blow your mind and have you reaching for your camera, then you shouldn't be golfing here. 16 of 18 holes are along the ocean. The rolling hills.....slick greens....to which our caddies Sophie and Shawn knew every break...

Only 1 regret. I should have played it twice. A must for all golfers.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"worth the trip"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 February 2009

Unbelievable views. Great condition except for the greens. (need some work)
Really friendly staff. There are 3 courses right in the same area. I planned on playing all 3, but after playing White Witch the 1st day, I then played it 3 more days straight.

Gorgeous views, great layout!!

Must Caribbean courses not that good, this was an exception!

I'm an avid golfer and probably played over 50 courses last year, so I had a lot to compare it too.

Reviewed 6 January 2009

Tied with Pebble Beach for most beautiful course I've ever played. My wife rode along & took 200 pictures. I wondered why they used the term golf consierge instead of caddy, but when I got to the course I realized there is no way a caddy or anyone else is going to walk this course. Breathtaking elevation changes somehow seem to be mostly downhill, but when they're not, the consierge rides on the back of your cart. Mine (Kevron) was invaluable with yardage & reading putts. If you plan on playing here, try to stay nearby as a cab is $40 one way from Montego Bay, and renting a car in Jamaica would be suicidal.

Reviewed 24 August 2008

The Carribean is not known for its golf courses, in fact, most courses are not very good. White Witch is the EXCEPTION. This is a first class outstanding golf experience. The course is great, the views are breathtaking, and it is as good a golf course as you are likely to find anywhere.

This is the only reason I would even consider going back to Jamaica. We stayed at the Ritz and it was fine, but if I went again, I wouldn't leave the hotel, except to have the hotel take me to the golf course.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2008

When I first got there the golf staff was extreamly friendly. They brought me to the range where you hit balls off an elevated tee area about 6-10 stories high (later to find out the importance of that). The caddy had asked me to hit a few shots so he can get a better understanding of my game. I was impressed with that. My caddy's name was ODEAN (he built confidence in me ALL day)and asked me what my HCP was and I told him it was a 10 and he said you should play from the Blue Tees and I had agreed. We started the round. WOW!!!! There is not a flat hole on this course. Every hole was MAGNIFICIENT!! The par 3's were mouth dropping (from the blue tees about 8-10 story elevation drop over water)!! With ODEAN's GREAT read on 18 I was a to birdy it with a final round of 83. Here are my tips: Trust your caddy (yardage/greens). Play in the AM (less windy). Play an NXT instead of a ProV (better control in the wind). Bring a camera!! The BEST course I have ever played!!!!!

Also, you MUST eat dinner at the White Witch!!!

I also played Half Moon (good starter round flat course I give it a 6 out of 10)and Cinnamon Hill (second hardest 8 out of 10 also nice views).