“Just fantastic”

White Witch Golf Course
Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Rose Hall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Situated on the historic 4,000 acre Rose Hall Estate, and sited on 200 acres of lush greenery and rolling countryside, The White Witch Golf Course is carved from the rolling countryside of Jamaica’s historic Rose Hall Plantation and is an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Robert von Hagge and Rick Baril. This 6,758-yard, Par 71 treasure is named for the plantation’s beautiful but wicked 19th century plantation mistress, Annee Palmer. Legend has it that Annee’s ghost still haunts the estate, creating an alluring mystique that has fascinated island natives and visitors for generations. Winner of the "Jamaica's Best Golf Course" award at the 2015 World Golf Awards, also rated as the #1 Golf Course and #1 in Golf Shop Staff service by Conde Nast Traveler. The White Witch is considered one of the finest golf courses in the Caribbean, characterized by mountainous terrain, cool trade winds, colorful foliage and spectacular ocean views from 16 of its 18 holes.
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Tied with Pebble Beach for most beautiful course I've ever played. My wife rode along & took 200 pictures. I wondered why they used the term golf consierge instead of caddy, but when I got to the course I realized there is no way a caddy or anyone else is going to walk this course. Breathtaking elevation changes somehow seem to be mostly downhill, but when they're not, the consierge rides on the back of your cart. Mine (Kevron) was invaluable with yardage & reading putts. If you plan on playing here, try to stay nearby as a cab is $40 one way from Montego Bay, and renting a car in Jamaica would be suicidal.

Reviewed 24 August 2008

The Carribean is not known for its golf courses, in fact, most courses are not very good. White Witch is the EXCEPTION. This is a first class outstanding golf experience. The course is great, the views are breathtaking, and it is as good a golf course as you are likely to find anywhere.

This is the only reason I would even consider going back to Jamaica. We stayed at the Ritz and it was fine, but if I went again, I wouldn't leave the hotel, except to have the hotel take me to the golf course.

Reviewed 4 July 2008

When I first got there the golf staff was extreamly friendly. They brought me to the range where you hit balls off an elevated tee area about 6-10 stories high (later to find out the importance of that). The caddy had asked me to hit a few shots so he can get a better understanding of my game. I was impressed with that. My caddy's name was ODEAN (he built confidence in me ALL day)and asked me what my HCP was and I told him it was a 10 and he said you should play from the Blue Tees and I had agreed. We started the round. WOW!!!! There is not a flat hole on this course. Every hole was MAGNIFICIENT!! The par 3's were mouth dropping (from the blue tees about 8-10 story elevation drop over water)!! With ODEAN's GREAT read on 18 I was a to birdy it with a final round of 83. Here are my tips: Trust your caddy (yardage/greens). Play in the AM (less windy). Play an NXT instead of a ProV (better control in the wind). Bring a camera!! The BEST course I have ever played!!!!!

Also, you MUST eat dinner at the White Witch!!!

I also played Half Moon (good starter round flat course I give it a 6 out of 10)and Cinnamon Hill (second hardest 8 out of 10 also nice views).

Reviewed 27 April 2008

We golfed the White Witch Golf Course twice during our April 2008 stay and found it to be absolutely incredible. 16 holes boast ocean views and the course is definitely PGA quality. Caddies are required and we were very happy with our caddie Ian and would recommend your requesting him when visiting the course. We did find the course to be difficult but still very enjoyable. We golfed Half Moon and Cinnamon Hill also and the White Witch course is by far the nicest. Of course that quality also comes with a price. The green fees are $189 per person for Ritz resort guests and $209 per person for non-guests. Ouch! Plus you need to tip the caddie at the end of the round and that usually runs about $20 per person per round. The beverage cart bill can also sting, as prices are Ritz prices for drinks. If you can get a hotel/golf package thru the Ritz, you will definitely save quite a bit of money. So...overall I would recommend you definitely golf the White Witch while in Jamaica, even if it is the only course you play.

1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed 25 March 2008

The Whitewitch was the most picturette golf course I have ever played. My son and I stayed at the Ritz 3/13/08 to 3/16/08 and had an opportunity to play the course. He is a scratch golfer and I am a 20 plus but we both were able to equally enjoy the course. The caddies were very friendly and a huge help. My only regret was we only played the course once....if we would of known the beauty of the course we would of played everyday.

1  Thank bksp107304