2,315 results
All reviewssugar millhibiscus suiteseagrape terraceil giardinoall inclusive planwest cottagesfern tree spameal plansea grapeprivate poolbedroom villagolf cartcedar barsunset beachhorseback ridingpepper potvilla staff
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Around 2005 we were there; twelve of us. Food was wonderful. The staff is great. They are treated kind of tough in that they are searched physically daily when they both enter and exit. My family thought highly of all of them. The resort is quite pleasant. The island is suffering from much violent crime.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Travelled to Half Moon with my wife and baby, and stayed 4 days. Hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The staff were friendly and courteous. They all went out of their way to accommodate special requests.

Like other reviewers, however, we were very put off by the price of, well, everything but the room. Meals, drinks, transportation and even coffee were just prohibitively expensive. We ended up having to buy groceries at the supermarket to make it work. In hindsight, we should have gotten an all-inclusive plan, so its partially on us, but the prices were just beyond anything that´s reasonable.

It´s too bad, because the hotel is lovely and the people even more so, but we won´t be staying there again.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms close to the swimming beach. Some of the beachfront rooms have a long walk to a sandy beach.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Pedro Z
HalfMoonJamaica, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for your review. Our resort offers a variety of meal plans that allows every guest to budget as they like, such as dining a-la-carte, the Premium Plan and the Full American Plan just to name a few. Our team values your feedback and will be taking it into consideration to improve our guests’ experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

It's our first time staying at Half Moon. We only stayed a few days. The room was great. Large and comfortable. Very clean.
The staff was great. Warm, friendly and helpful. The restaurants were very good also. The pricing for food and drinks was high, crazy high. We eat out often and typically spend a lot but this scared me.
There is a 10% tax and 10% tip on top of everything. Even the coffee stand which is ok. We got coffee and a bagel in the morning. $6 coffee $6 bagel times two. So with tax and tip 2 coffees and 2 bagels were $29 US. Lunch burger $19 cheese$2 fries $11. Red Strip $8. Burger fries and a beer $48. Beach buffet $65 per person with tax and tip. No drinks. Mixed drinks ran $40-$50 for 2. We went to the Sugar Mill restaurant for dinner. It's outstanding. Diner for 2 with a bottle of wine, tax and tip $205. It's the best deal there. We spent that on the beach buffet.
I would recommend it as long as you know what to expect. They offer meal and drink plans so definitely take those. We didn't stay long enough for one. Need at least 3 nights to get one.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim S
HalfMoonJamaica, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Valued Guests:

We are happy you had a great time at Half Moon. Our resort offers a variety of meal plans that allows every guest to budget as they like, such as dining a-la-carte, the Premium Plan and the Full American Plan just to name a few. Thank you for your review and we do hope that your next vacation will be with us.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Too many words to describe this place and at times i was left speechless.
First mention goes to the wonderful staff who were all full of smiles. Special shout out to Kirk. The accommodation and grounds were simply amazing with lovely views and beach.
Had the pleasure of attending a wedding there and that was spectacular. I would go back to half moon in a heartbeat/

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SherwinSacki
HalfMoonJamaica, Director of Resort Operations at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that you found our resort and staff amazing; thank you for taking the time to share your Half Moon experience and for recognizing Kirk.

All the best and we look forward to welcoming you back to Half Moon in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I came to this resort for a retreat and we stayed in the villas. the villa was lovely, the individual rooms were spacious, the staff was excellent and professional. Renis our butler was polite and curteous. Pauline the cook her rice and peas I wish I could have take some home with me, so delicious and Lucille did laundry for us it was wonderful to feel like you was at home in paradise. I was amazed at how big the property is offering so much for the quest to do, while on my stay I also visted the Equestrian center, Trinia is amazing as well as the handlers, Nickroy and Smalls. The experience with the horses has made me fall more in love with these wonderful animals.
After the retreat I stayed on the resort a few more days and stayed in a junior suite in the west cottages, which was right on the beach it was decorated beautifully and very spacious. During my stay I also visited the Fern Tree Spa, LeKeshia gave me the best hot stone massage I've had in a long time, she made me feel at ease, her voice was calming and I felt refreshed when I left!
The food at the restaurants was tasty and the jerk burger from the jerk hut was so good!
I have already told everyone who listen they must stay at Half Moon when they visit Jamaica , it a gorgeous resort and well worth your money!

Room Tip: If you are doing a big family vacation, the Villas are a must!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer0614
HalfMoonJamaica, Director of Resort Operations at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to pen such a beautiful review of your Half Moon experience. I am delighted that you found our resort and the staff you encountered excellent. We will certainly ensure that your review is shared with the staff members mentioned, and that they are recognized for their level of professionalism and outstanding service. Happy you enjoyed Pauline’s rice and peas, please feel free to contact me directly should you need the recipe!

We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with everyone , Half Moon is indeed a gorgeous resort set on 400 beautifully landscaped acres and ribboned by two miles of white sand beach with myriad of activities for every one.

Once again, thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvior and we look forward to welcoming you back to Half Moon.