2,315 results
All reviewssugar millhibiscus suiteseagrape terraceil giardinoall inclusive planwest cottagesfern tree spameal plansea grapeprivate poolbedroom villagolf cartcedar barsunset beachhorseback ridingpepper potvilla staff
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Just stay away if you don't like world class service, helpful staff, gourmet food, great golf course and genuine smiles. Thank you very much for a wonderful vacation.

The people who make it worth coming back are the ever so helpful Miss Paula Lilly and her staff, at the bar Elijah and his staff, to many people to mention in the restaurants (Andrew, Leroy, Dudley, Misha, Tashanika, Pauline, Rheneka, Vanessa sorry to all the people i forgot to mention). Special thanks to all the invisible people that make sure that evrything in and outside your room looks as nice as possible.

We will be back.....

Room Tip: If you order a Carribean Cooler make sure to ask for the oldest Appleton Rum in the house and skip the orange juice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

It is always a pleasure receiving feedback from our valued clients; we thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit to Half Moon, A Rock Resort on TripAdvisor.

Your complimentary comments regarding our dedicated team is highly appreciated, our objective to always provide an experience of a life time for you our valued clients. We will certainly share your comments with the team.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon; we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

WE were supposed to spend 4 nights and decided to extend when we entered the Half Moon grounds. We were in room 105, ground floor, i think it was called Hibiscus junior suite. The ground floor one have open floorplan compare to the people on the second fllor who had the same floorplan but with a door / wall dividing the living area from the bedroom. I usually like a separated/closed bedroom and a higher fllor but nothing would have made me change our first floor unit. Each 4 cottages, in those category, had a privite beach access. Verry quiet. The cons are the buds ( mosquito, ants ) that are verry present. The clenailess of public grounds could also be better. The reason i graded a 3 and not a 4 * is because the first night we were in a regular room ( hotel like ) wich was really really dirty ( stairways, balcony, etc ) and not comfortable. We were told thos unit were 50 years old compare to the suite that were renovated 10 years ago and put in flat screen tv recently.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank barbeaujo

Dear Valued Guests,

It’s a great pleasure receiving such lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to Half Moon, A RockResort. Our goal is to provide our valued guests with the best possible experience and exceeding your expectations is our reward.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon and for your comments; we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I visited Half Moon in April 2012 and was immediately taken with the immaculate grounds and the atmosphere the resort has created for guests. A must is the Fern Tree Spa. The spa grows ingredients used in treatments onsite. I LOVED my Swedish Massage and the staff is incredibly welcoming.

A note for couples looking for a destination wedding location – try the Oleander Terrace at Half Moon. If I could do it over again this is where I would go. The building is beach front and beautiful. My favorite dining experience at Half Moon was Sugar Mill restaurant. We met Solomon Gardener, the maître d’, who has been working at the restaurant for over 40 years! Amazing service and cuisine. Planning my return trip….

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank webercmw
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience on TripAdvisor.

We are happy your expectations were exceed; we will certainly share your beautiful comments with Solomon Gardner and the rest of the team.

Again, thank you for your feedback, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you 'home' in the not- too- distant future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I visited Half Moon Bay with 24 of my colleagues. We were there as a group but not your typical "work group". Our yearly vacations are to connect with each other, have fun, relax and kick back. We did all of these and more. The resort was amazing and so were the staff. The rooms/villa's were amazing. Check in was a breeze and everything was organized for us when we arrived. We all had different types of rooms and they were all beautiful and the majority were all ocean front (not just oceanview). The rooms were huge and so spacious. I'm not sure what category I was in (Cottage 4 Room 44) but it was one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in at a resort. Huge balcony with super comfy chairs and lounge chairs too (picture attached). The food was very good and nobody had any complaints. We did the "all-inclusive plan" which I'm glad we did as it is very pricey for both food and drinks.The Italian restaurant - Il Giardino was excellent and the lasagna I ordered was delicious (homemade pasta). One of the guys ordered a cesear salad and he said it was one of the best salads he has ever had. Our last night we had dinner at the Sugar Mill Restaurant and the dinner was excellent as well. We had a pre-set menu because we were a large group and they took great care of us with customized menus with our company name imprinted that was a nice personal touch.

We took advanatage of the activities on the resort - paddle boat, kayak, bicycles, golf and the hobby cat boat. All were great and the staff are so friendly and always willing to please you as their guest. The maids were the best. So sweet and lovely and always with a big smile and they loved our Bob Marley music and said they never got tired of listening to his music. Just so pleasant.

All in all it was an amazing trip and I would love to go back with my family as I know there is so much of the resort that I didn't get to see (we were only there for 4 days) so I'm saving my $$$ as it was worth every penny. The airport was also amazing. I can't remember an airport that had such great shopping (not all junky souvenirs). It had everything. I also bought some of the Blue Mountain coffee so I can make some latte's when I get home as the coffee is delicous down in Jamaica.

This was my first trip to Jamaica and I will be back for sure and I hope to be able to come back to the Half Moon Resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank soleillover
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

We are delighted to receive such beautiful comments regarding your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience.

We are happy your expectations were exceeded and look forward to creating another experience of a lifetime on your return visit.

We will certainly share your complimentary feedback with the team.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon, A RockResort.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Have been attending a conference here, staying in the Royal Villas. The surroundings are idyllic, with THE most beautiful sunsets over the sea, pristine beaches, palm trees, interesting fruit growing in the gardens. Food at the conference has been amazing. Wonderful to drive one of the two electric carts assigned to each villa. One evening the battery went flat, but a cook from the Prince of Wales Pub helped us push the cart to the nearest electrical socket.
After reading reviews on Tripadvisor, I was concerned that food might be expensive (only breakfast is included in the price) but there are two supermarkets and at least two reasonably priced restaurants in the Shopping Village.
But most memorable has been the friendly and well-trained staff. Our great butler Charles was always willing to drop you off somewhere or arrange a tour. The cook Michelle prepared a different breakfast menu every morning and was always willing to repeat favourite dishes. Valerie the housekeeper is a darling and even did some laundry for us.
The resort is spread over 400 acres and apparently employs over 800 staff members. They are all extremely well-trained and friendly.

Room Tip: Best would be to make up a group to share one 5, 6 or 7 bedroom villa.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ElmarieTshwane
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely note about your stay at Half Moon, A RockResort; we are happy you had a `Royal’ experience. We generally receive complimentary reviews on the Royal Villas accommodation which creates `a home away from home’ atmosphere. We thank you for the beautiful comments regarding our dedicated team whose aim is always to create an experience of a lifetime for you our valued guests.

Again, thank you for selecting Half Moon and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back `home’ soon.