“great for food allergies” 5 of 5 bubbles

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“great for food allergies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were guests of this beautiful hotel in July and enjoyed the delicious food,carefree in spite of severe food allergies, because of the amazing staff. Chef Claus was so thorough in his approach of ensuring my daughters' safety. He, along with his staff, made sure my daughter had safe food options at each meal. I look forward to a return visit!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to say thank you for not only choosing to be valued guests of our luxurious resort, Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but also for taking the time to send us your comments about your experience at our hotel.

It gives us a great deal of satisfaction to know that we have been successful in providing you with an outstanding and stress free holiday, thanks to the efforts of Chef Klaus and his team. We will certainly inform him that he and his staff have contributed to your wellbeing during your stay. We too look forward to your next visit and therefore invite you to return as soon as possible.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,017)
  • Czech first
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

OK, just got back on Tuesday. I loved it here. My 3rd Iberostar stay. let me say that I travel A LOT and travel to many different places and i am a New Yorker so I am not easily pleased. This was amazing.

Rooms. Lovely. AC could work better but I didn't spend much time there. Had an oceanview (we were upgraded b/c my amazing travel agent (travelbybob.com). Only thing I hate about all iberstar rooms is there is NO PLACE to put your shower stuff Grrr. But you're in paradise.

Food. Ate at the buffet for breakfast. Someone makes an omlette every morning for you. What's better than that? Tons of fruit, cheese, breads, meats. You name it. They got it.
LUNCH. Is served at the BEach Buffet. there were a few BBQs on the beach EAT THE CHICKEN YUMMY and if you see the HAM on the carving station. EAT IT. OMG! Restaurants. Ate at the Mexican and the Steak *which is also the lunch buffet. Mexican was delicious. you serve yourself appetizers. and dinner was nice! Steak was DELICIOUS (i uploaded a pic).

Beach/Pool. Beach is gorgeous and the water is SO CALM! If you walk towards the beach hotel there are practically no rocks. if you walk towards the grand it is VERY rocky and hard to walk into the water. Pool-very clean. Christopher in the swim up bar HOOKS IT UP!

Overall, I would go back. It was lovely. Jamaicans are wonderful. I wish they had a property in Negril because that is the next beach on my list. If you can afford this place. BOOK IT.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank LandJNYUK
Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the staff, and particularly the hotel manager, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose hall Suites for your recent vacation. In addition, I would like to use this opportunity to express our appreciations for the time you have taken to share with us and the rest of the online community, your opinion of your stay at our hotel.

Having said that, we are delighted to hear that your holiday with us has been outstanding and furthermore that you enjoyed several aspects of our resorts offerings including our rooms, food, beach and pool. We sincerely hope that if ever returning to our beautiful island of Jamaica, you will not hesitate to visit our resort as we would consider an honor to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel gives in fact more than it promises. The ocean it thanks to the reef very shallow and good for swimming, snorkeling etc. The pools are amazing. Bar service is found everywhere. I was there in low season, so it might be harder getting drinks in f.i. December. The beds are of good quality and the room is well appointed. I missed the water cooker for tea. The food in the restaurants is more then perfect, and trust me, I am picky and I have been around! That was all. A few minor points. At times the music in the pool bar or from the entertainment is very loud; too loud in my opinion. The rates for massages are out of range, even with the discount special is was $ 77 for an half hour! So all the ladies were wailing around for clients, and not getting any. The hotel taxis charge for a return trip to Mobay $ 60. Call our friend Wayne at 773.9833 who will take you there for $ 6. The official taxi driver says with his tariff you will not get robbed. But with that price you are robbed anyway, haha! Of course Wayne's car is Jamaican and not the bright and shiny one. Get the feel of the land. Jahman!

Room Tip: Choose top floor and view of both the pool and the ocean. Don't stay ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Lex R
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the staff and the entire management team at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, thank you very much for choosing to be valued guests of our luxurious resort. In addition, we would like to say thank you for dedicating the time to share with other travelers, your honest opinion of your stay with us.

Having said that, we feel honored to have contributed to making your holiday paradisiacal and are extremely thankful that you expressed your sincere satisfaction with several aspects of our resort including our rooms, food, drinks, pools and beach. We would also like for you to know that we have taken note of your observations regarding the music at the pool bar and will be sure to pass your comments along to the respective department manager.

Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you again at our lovely hotel.

Paradise, NL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I could not have dreamed a better vacation ! I had the most amazing experience while in Jamacia at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites . Everything was so prefect ! The food was so good ! I miss it since i have been back ! They had an entertainment group and they are so very talented ! Loved the shows in the evenings !! And the star friends durning the day around the pool and beach , they were amazing and so friendly. They organized things for the kids and adults ! Happy Feet, Sting Ray, Mo Mo, V.I.P, OMG, And Special K , i will never forget you all ! You are amazing people. And i miss my aqua fit class every morning !! When i posted my pics on Facebook i had friends comment and say i stayed there and i loved it. one girl said i remember those people !! He loved my little girl and played with her all the time, great people !!!! Overall it was the perfect trip !!!!! .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

2 Thank Tonia_Paradise_12
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, please allow us to extend our genuine appreciation for not only choosing our resort, but also for taking the time to write a review for Tripadvisor about how your holiday went at our resort.

We are most certainly thrilled to hear that you have had an “amazing” vacation at our resort and are extremely proud that you told us of your satisfaction with our food, entertainment and particularly our staff; we will share with all the persons mentioned above that they have contributed to making your holiday special.

In closing, we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar and as such, anxiously await your return.

wappingers falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We went to Jamaica in July with several families with lots of kids ranging in age from 3-13. Every single one of us had the best experience at Iberostar. There were activities around the clock for the ones that like the fast paced vacation life, and lots of sun, and relaxation restful vacation life. The kids were all entertained by the Star friends and enjoyed themselves so much that they all wanted pictures with each of them before going home. They are all cheerleaders and came home and taught lots of the cheer friends the "Jamaican Wobble".
The accommodations were just about perfect with a view worth a million dollars. I would recommend an excursion to Juminous Lagoon, Dunns's river falls (which my 3 year old climbed) and Dolohin's cove. Just do not accept their price because everything was negotiated down. Margaritaville was great but ask to eliminated the stop at their version of a flea market. That was scary.
Last suggestion, there is not wifi in the rooms was was hard to live without but thanks to a review I read, I bought a $20 wireless router, brought it with us to connect in the room and all of our families had wifi while we were there.
I would go back to Montego Bay bit more importantly our next group vacation next year will most likely be a Iberostar.

Room Tip: Upper floor sees everything.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ds9499
Dear Guest,

We would like to use this opportunity to thank you for not only choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend your vacation, but also for taking time away from your busy schedule to send us your comments on your experience with our hotel.

It certainly gives us a great deal of satisfaction to know that we have been successful in providing you and your entire family with an “amazing” vacation. Moreover, we very appreciated your special mention about our resort’s activities, rooms and most importantly, our staff who work tirelessly to ensure all our guests are pleased with our service.

With your recent trip to Iberostar being so enjoyable, we are quite confident that you will again be staying at our resort and we therefore we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,776 reviews
9.4 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK