We traveled June 22 - 29 2012 with our 7 year old son - We had been to may all inclusive in the past, primarily in Mexico and tried Jamaica this time - it as a hit. We knew the Iberostar Brand as they have a significant footprint in both Mayan Riviera and Punta Cana and it seemed that Rose Hall Suites had what we wanted. If our child was not with us we would have stayed at the Grand, but this was a family vacation and the Rose Hall Suites felt upscale, intimate and clean, while still having an all ages feel.
We paid for an ocean view room and our room could not be better - 2nd floor, middle of the resort overlooking the sports pool. We made our dinner reservations as soon as we got there, and even though the process is a bit clumsy depending on what day it is, we ate at the ala cartes all 7 days. I have no issues with breakfast & lunch buffets, but want to sit down and order off a menu for dinner. Steakhouse was good, but being outdoors it was hot - filet was good for an all inclusive - We did the seafood restaurant and thought it was also very good for an all inclusive. Yes, people complained that lobster was out of season, but they respectfully substituted scallops or shrimp on the dish.
Although it did not seem anyone liked the Gourmet/French, we loved it because all 3 of us love lamb and you got a half rack with a wonderful sauce on it these were the bigger "lollipop" type chops that with a good scallop appetizer, bread and dessert, and 2 martinis, I was full enough without being stuffed. We ate there 4 times in the 7 days and eating early at 6:30, we had no reservation issues.
The swim up bar was fun without being barbaric and overly rowdy as there is also a lifeguard on duty a good part of the day and the employees there do not put up with the classlessness that they do in Mexico.
It may not seem like a huge deal, but having an indoor air-conditioned theater for shows is a BIG deal ....we are resort people, so when we go to a resort, we stay there and do all the activities all day so we attend the shows. It was a great addition to sit and watch the show with a cocktail and not sweat to death. There were constantly weddings and large dining groups there which did appear overwhelming at times, but we managed around them -
the newer kids waterpark/pirate ship was a great addition, but it was not advertised or promoted AT ALL. there were a lot of kids at the resort and some parents did not know it even existed - the resort did not take the time to update the resort map so it just says that area is the kids club...not a great brand new pirate ship and water park. I would have expected signage in the main lobby promoting this.
Like many have said, the Star Friends made the resort with their friendliness, personality, attention to detail and talents. they did it without turning it into a drunken mess with guests -
Also, I do have to mention 2 other things
1. this complex has one of the better All-inclusive resort discothèques i have seen and i have been to a lot of them - it is not a big disco, but it is clean, modern, great bartenders and choice of alcohol and great music - AND...Guess who is there dancing the night away with the guests...you guessed it...the Star Friends crew.
When do they sleep??
2. the beach is just so - so - it is a manmade beach with a thin layer of sand and sharp shale mixed with the sand..I thought I was at Disney's private island at Castaway Cay it was so uncomfortable to walk..water is clear at times, but not the best.
Great Job Iberostar...you put together an intimate, classy all inclusive that has all the amenities for both adults and kids and you run it well.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Jamaica - Montego Bay