“Lovely atmosphere, good food”

Ferringhi Garden Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 1,819 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: Asian, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Great staff
We started with drinks while sitting up at the outside bar - very pleasant in a garden setting. The design of the garden, densely vegetated, provides atmosphere and divides sections of the dining area.
We established a lovely rapport with a married couple on the wait staff, Laila and her husband, who were very efficient but, more importantly to us, friendly and open.
We ordered Mongolian sizzling beef and Green chicken curry as mains and both were very good.
All in all, great setting, lovely staff and good food.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This was not what I expected. It is a semi-open place within a garden of assorted plants, vines, flowers. I found the wait staff to be very attentive almost to a fault. They really pride themselves on customer service/satisfaction but tend to linger as you eat just to make sure everything is ok. I ordered steak medium well. It came as ordered within 15 minutes. It was very tasty and a nice treat from the traditional Asian diet. (I am from the USA). I was pleased with the experience and will return.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

You will amaze by the greens of the garden and how beautifully they are creates the great dining experience you ever had. Been here for 3 times in a row and never dissapointed by it. Great service and worth for money

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Loved this restaurant! Beautiful setting with plants everywhere! Broad menu with eastern & western options. Some exquisite and exotic items on the menu were way out of our price range but there were also many other affordable and delicious dishes to choose from. My son has nut and fish allergies and they were more than accommodating to any changes we requested. Staff were friendly & fabulous. By far our best dinner in Penang! Highly recommend... And be sure to take a stroll down to the rear of the garden where you can see the kitchen & bakery staff in action through large windows.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Had a meal with my family (four adults and one baby) last weekend. We had a bottle of wine, and ordered the seafood platter, penang char koay teow, pineapple rice and bread (which was the starter) as our meal. The food was great, and so flavourful... the bread was truly memorable, I believe it is freshly baked and it comes with two dips that are amazing. Please order it if you're dining there, highly recommended! And I haven't even mentioned the highlight, which was definitely the ambience and service! Fresh, beautiful flowers everywhere and on every table, the decor was so tasteful and the music on point! Service staff were so friendly and attentive too!
I'll definitely be back and I highly recommend this place to families, and anyone looking for a memorable meal.
It's on the pricier side, I paid 600+ ringgit on the whole, but was very satisfied :-)