“Nainital in January”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Nainital
Ahmedabad, India
“Nainital in January”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Drove down to Nainital from Lucknow in Jan end....Roads are not are not worth talking about but the destination is worth the pain :)....
Chose the hotel from a selection from MakemyTrip and it turned out to be a good choice on and on. Seemed good value for money apart from a few problem issues. The hotel is situated on a steep slope, difficult to walk up ..especially if you have old people with you. The rooms are neat..ask for the lake facing rooms, the ones with the glass panes on the front. Lovely view of the lake. Room service could have been better, careful if you ask for butter chicken...i think they go down to the market and buy the chicken...takes that long.
The only thing unforgivable seemed that the water heaters were from the British era..took infernally long to heat up a decent bucket of water...that seriously is unforgivable if you go to Nainital in January! To add salt to the wound the room service guy tries to explain to you how a water heater works....Keep up your sense of humor and the stay should be fine :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake....got glass panes on the front..the view of the lake is splendid.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank ChrisJ45
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
noida
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed here during last summer to avoid delhi heat. This was not my first time at nainital. I went there four times and stayed in same hotel (Hotel Himalaya). It is nearest to the bus stand. You can enjoy the walking through mall road to main mall area it is about 1 KM distance. Simpily fantastic.
Food Quality is fantastic, specialy butter chicken. Sorry for veg people, but they can try for paner butter masala.
Room located lake facing excelent. mini golf course is simply wow!!!!!!

Room Tip: Please take lake facing room. Avoid heritage room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank falgunisaha
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed at Himalaya Hotel for 02 nights. I would say the Deluxe Facing Room is the best Rooms, as you can see the lake right from your bed. I travelled with my family and we enjoyed a lot in the hotel. Food is also very hygenic and taste in the hotel and hotel staff is very helpfull. One problem i would like to mention regarding the height of the hotel, my parents age 65,64 find little diffiult in reaching the hotel.

But overall it is worth place to stay.

Keep it up !!!!

Sameer Mathur

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sameer070
Lucknow, India
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I Love that hotel "Really cool place"

Room Tip: Anyhow all is welll
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chandulal
Chandigarh
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The Stay at Hotel Himalaya was very enjoyable . we stayed from June 20th to June 22nd . The rooms are very big and clean . The service is good and food is also excellent . The major attraction was Golf and kids enjoyed it thoroughly ...In fact the kids got up early morning to have Golf session first . The view of lake from the rooms is very good ... we would like to come again and also would love to reccommed it to our friends

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple