We stayed for 3 Nights and 4 days at the Lake View Room. The room was wonderful with a semi private verandah where you can relish the afternoon tea / coffee and if its not cold in the morning as well. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The rooms have 32" LCD, washrooms are very neat and clean. Rooms are provided with all basic amentities which you expect from a luxury hotel.
Food was great too. We had Breakfast + Dinner Plan. Breakfast always had around 8-10 options in Indian / Cotinental food. Included corn flakes / oats, juice, coffee / tea, Bread / Toast, 2-3 Indian dishes, 1-2 continental, types of eggs and omlettes. Dinner too had plenty of opotions. Both of us were veggies and we always had an otion of 4-5 vegetables + Dal + Roti + Rice + 2-3 Desserts in the Dinner. Everything was pretty delicious.
Service was top class. Restaurant staff was pretty ettentive and courteous. Staff politely and warmly exchanged conversations. It was good to chat with them. Other Service was pretty neat too.
Cleanliness was top class which I had observed in some other hotels. Lobby,. Rooms, Restaurant evrything was very neat.
Location is picturesque and we clicked ennumerous snaps.
Prices are reasonable in comparison with simillar hotels.
Room service and cleaning was very efficient and neat.
Hotel provides pick up and drop to hotel at any number of times during day time (prior to 7.30 pm)
Now Some minus points:
1. Rooms have heaters but they are not very powerful and do not do justice to the size of rooms. It take mor times for rooms to get warm due to this.
2. From gate to lobby, its a long distance.particularly when climbing so not recommended for elders with knee problems.
3. Hotel is far from the mall. If you want to be nearer to lake, there are some better options.
4. Lake view rooms do not provide a lake view unless you get out of room in the verandah. The lake view from there is not breathtaking either.
But all in all it was a wonderful experience and suited our requirements. We enjoyed our stay utmost and will definitely go back again if we ever go back to Nainital.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wrapped in quiet Himalayas, Nainital is one of India's most elite hill stations. Once the residence of Maharaja of Pilibhit, The Naini Retreat, one of the finest hotels in Nainital, has a majestic building exuding an Old World Charm that houses the most modern luxuries one could ask for. The hotel is one of the finest hotels in Nainital. Furnished with all the modern day amenities, the Hotel blends the world of hospitality with exceptional services for each of its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Yatra, Hotels.com and ClearTrip so you can book your The Naini Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Naini Retreat Hotel Nainital
- Naini Retreat Hotel Nainital