All reviewspool barlovely hotelcorfu townfrench balconycomputer with printerbigger hotelstraffic lightspool towelscomfortable double bedminute walkhand soaptea and coffee making facilitiesexcellent air conditioningjunior suitedressing gowns and slipperslarge supermarketbeautiful pool area
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in August of 2017 with my mother and we loved it so much that we booked to come back for two weeks this year. Funnily enough, whilst we were there this year we booked to go back again in 2019. What can I say? It feels like home, better than home actually. On our first day, we waited around 15 minutes for our room to be ready which was absolutely fine as there are many comfortable places to sit around the main reception, inside and outside. When we got to our room we found a basket with fruit, chocolates and two mini bottles of prosecco with a ‘welcome back’ note which we just thought was so so lovely.
The rooms are unique in a very good way with every little detail thought out carefully as well as the whole hotel in general. Everything from the marble steps in front of the entrance to the clocks on the walls and it’s just quite perfect. The food is lovely and so is the restaurant area - civilised and not overly loud. However, it would be nice for some plainer foods to be served and maybe more fish as there is a lot of red meat. Breakfast is also lovely every morning, you can choose between having a healthy or unhealthy breakfast (I’d recommend the unhealthy). The pool area is the best hotel pool area I have ever been to. The pool is a perfect size as well as there being a nice jacuzzi and two day-beds which are in shallow water which is also lovely to lie in. You don’t have to pay to use the day-beds and it’s also very relaxing. Around the jacuzzi and day-beds, there are tiny birds as well as a dove that come and drink out of the water and it really is the cutest thing. The staff are amazing. They’re all kind and will treat you with respect but also just be friendly which is really nice. I spoke to many of the staff this year and properly got to know a couple of them. I was very sad to leave because I knew I’d miss them but I also made some long-term friends. The pool has a lilo and some big orange pool chairs already there as well as volleyballs and boards so I felt that when people brought in quite a few more inflatables, it got too crowded in the pool and there wasn’t that much space. However, it wasn’t too much of an issue. I often sketch for my A levels and it was so easy to concentrate at the hotel during the days and the evenings at the bar for me to draw. It was also so lovely that staff were so interested in my drawings. Happy hour at the pool is 4pm - 7pm everyday and 8:30pm - 11pm at the bar which is great.
Although the road directly outside of the hotel isn’t great and can be very dangerous if you’re not careful (especially if you aren’t used to roads like that), Gouvia town is about a 10 minute walk away with the huge marina about 25 minutes away and both bus stops are about a 5-10 minute walk away which is really convenient. You do have to be very careful crossing the roads because some cars/motorbikes just won’t stop even on a red light. There is a simple map of the area as well as the bus timetables for the blue buses (to Dassia and Corfu town) and green buses (to Paleokastritsa, Kassiopi, etc) at the reception and they’ll always be happy to explain anything you need to know about buses or directions. Although I am returning to Art Hotel Debono in a year, I will miss it deeply as it actually feels like a second home. It’s so personal and atmospheric, would highly recommend. Thank you to all the staff including the owners for making our stay so enjoyable.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Claudia L
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Our dearest guest,
We would like to say a big thank you for your wonderful review about our accommodation. We are working really hard to offer our guests our best services and we are so grateful that you recognized and appreciated it. Thank you for your comments about all outdoor and indoor areas and general decoration of the hotel. As an artist you pay attention to the detail..! Last but not least, we would like to thank you for your very kind words about our staff. We were all impressed with your talent - your drawings are just fantastic!- and we wish you good luck with your exams. On behalf of the manager and all staff we send our greetings also to your mother and we are all looking forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We spent a few hours at the hotel until our villa the Villa de Bono was ready for us. We all had a snack (Six of us) and the food was excellent. We called in again for an evening meal and we all enjoyed it.The fact that they were so helpful and efficient and the food very good we would certainty book up there for a stay in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you very much for your review and your kind words about our accommodation. We are pleased to hear that our cooking and services were appreciated. We are always welcome in our hotel and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Spent an extremely peaceful week at this lovely hotel. Beautiful pool, which is thoroughly cleaned every morning. No need to fight for sun loungers either as there are plenty. Rooms are very clean and the staff are friendly and very attentive. Food is plentiful and varied. The nearest shops are bars are a 5-10 minute walk away.

Room Tip: As its such a small hotel I would imagine all rooms are good. There is a lift.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your positive review about our accommodation. It is our pleasure to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and that our services were appreciated. We really hope to see you again in the future. Our very kind regards, Julia Debono

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

A fabulous week of peace and tranquility. Superb hotel. Cleanliness, food and service second to none. Perfect for our much anticipated getaway. We depart from here today feeling relaxed and refreshed. Beautiful garden surroundings, stunning pool area, all immaculately kept. 5 minute walk to large supermarket and small town of gouvia where you will find a mixture of shops, bars and restaurants and shingle beach.
This hotel is perfect if you desire a quiet, adult getaway, would not recommend for young families.
We will absolutely return. Thank you to all the hard working staff who do an amazing job to ensure your stay is enjoyed to the maximum.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim G
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your wonderful review about our accommodation. We are so happy to know that you had a nice stay with us and you enjoyed your vacation here. We really hope to see you again in the future. Our very kind regards, Julia Debono

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Just spent a fortnight here celebrating our 30th anniversary, so glad I found this place. It's off the beaten track so you won't be disturbed by noisy bars etc but a five/ten minute walk will take you into Gouvia.
I'm a wheelchair user with limited walking ability so did my homework before we came. The hotel was accessible to me and I emailed ahead to ask for a stool for the shower which was in situ when we arrived.
The hotel smells gorgeous. Pity those Jo Malone diffusers wouldn't go in my suitcase .
Plenty of seating areas around the bar area and you can eat either inside or out. The food was buffet style and whilst breakfast was pretty much the buffet norm we didn't eat the same food twice on an evening in the 2 weeks we were there. Vasilis worked his socks off in the restaurant, lovely guy. There was also entertainment every other night.
Our room was plenty big enough, equipped with kettle, fridge tv and hairdryer. We had a large balcony with towel rail. The room was on the same floor as reception and were told we could either use the lift down to the pool area or use the front door and go round. We tried the lift but there were steps as we came outside. After this we used the ramp from the front door and went round.
There is a steep ramp to the pool area which I could imagine being slippery underfoot if there was a sudden downpour. This could be made better by having half ramp/half steps with a handrail. The pool area was bliss, plenty of sun loungers although every morning without fail some eejits must have been up at the crack of dawn to put towels out. We were usually the first round the pool after breakfast yet 'saved' beds could sit empty till 11am or after.
There is no life guard but there are clear depth signs. There is also a good selection of lilos and other pool accessories. There is a pool bar with toilets.
The area - A bus into Corfu town will cost €1.70 from a ticket machine at the bus stop a few minutes walk away or the hotel can call a taxi €20 one way. There is a large supermarket down the road, a stretch of the road has no pavement but after a few metres you can walk on a decent path. Gouvia was disappointing, a few bars/tavernas and shops selling touristy gifts. The marina was more like a boat yard, a far cry from Fiskardo in Kefalonia. To be honest we were quite happy veging out around the pool with a couple of visits into town and sitting in the bar area on an evening having a bit of banter with other guests, namely Kerry and Tim. Corfu Town is lovely, plenty of shops and places to eat. The place comes alive on an evening, something the UK lacks in its towns.
All in all a fabulous holiday at a beautiful hotel. We'll definitely be back. Thank you Debono.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon_watson
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your time to review our accommodation so positively . We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated our services. We are really looking forward to seeing you again in the future.