All reviews pool bar lovely hotel corfu town french balcony computer with printer pool towels bigger hotels comfortable double bed minute walk junior suite we stayed half board hand soap tea and coffee making facilities excellent air conditioning large supermarket dressing gowns and slippers dual carriageway
Reviewed 25 May 2017

The Debono is a lovely clean and airy hotel set in its own extensive grounds on a quiet lane close to the centre, but set back from, the main road through Gouvia. The rooms are large, modern and comfortably furnished with fridge, kettle, free safe, good bathroom, aircon and balcony space. Communal areas are spacious and welcoming and the restaurant excellent. Buffet breakfast with a substantial selection from 0730, evening buffet from 1830. We ate outside on the terrace overlooking the gardens. Staff all brilliant and helpful. I highly recommend the Debono as a base from which to explore Corfu. Firefly display in back garden from about 2130. Garden rooms get pm sun and face away from the road; front rooms face over Gouvia towards the marina and morning sun. Good pool. We came as keen walkers so used the green buses to explore the north of the island from the local stop for our first week and hired a car for the second week. Antony's Car Hire 180 euro for 7 days Hyundai i10; full insurance. Petrol 1e53c per litre. Sunflower book 'Corfu car tours and walks' useful. Great hotel.

3  Thank Peter B
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear guests,

I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!
We remain always at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The hotel staff are extremely helpful and the rooms are spotlessly clean. The breakfast choices are excellent with the option to order an omelette of choice.
The area around the swimming pool has lots of sun loungers and umbrellas and there is a poolside bar serving reasonably priced drinks and light meals and snacks.
The small town of Gouvia with bars and restaurants is a ten minute stroll away as is the bus stop to Corfu town; the bus runs about every twenty minutes.
Overall a relaxing place to stay.

2  Thank Pam W
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear guests ,
thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation with us. Our hotel aims to provide a nice experience, and we are glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Excited and impressed are the words I'd use to describe our impression upon arrival. The most well deserved five stars I've given (not sure ive given many). In fact even in the days before arrival, I'd upgraded room and extended for a late check out, via web prior to our arrival. Remembering that ours was a discounted special rate in the first place, it was nice that Julia Debono responded personally, and assured me everything would be perfect. And believe me... it was perfect.
Ok the only negative was a couple of very brief (somewhat loud) interruptions from fellow British tourists in the corridor outside our room in the late evening (11 ish) that highlighted a lack of soundproofing from the corridor to the room. However, the calibre of guest was obviously not that bad, because it was before midnight, and it was brief and humorous.
The staff are amazing friendly warm people. Clearly the relationship between Debono family and staff is great, and from the reception, bar, restaurant, always we were warmly welcomed and made to feel like the most important visitors.
Remember to pay attention to the boat rental and other local services the staff can book for you. They will take care of everything and you will not be disappointed. That was a highlight of our visit to Corfu, spending the last day cruising the coastline down to Corfu town and up to neighbouring towns to the north, in a 50hp speed boat.
The breakfast was probably above average. Not Gritti Palace in Venice admittedly, but lovely never the less. I've never felt better about tipping anyone, than when I left a small tip for the girls who served us in that restaurant. Sunday barbecue was the only other meal we had at the hotel and it was great, and both the food and drinks were very reasonably priced considering this is a hotel.
The interior and exterior, modernised and upgraded in 2012, is truly superb. Our Junior Suite had a large private balcony with flowers bordering and a view, and it's own lounge area that were both lovely.
What else can I say. We will be back. This was perhaps the most romantic start I could have hoped for, to a romantics long weekend in Corfu. An island that, by the way, has surpassed all of my expectations.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve_S_55BGM
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear guests ,

thank you very much for such great review . We work really hard to offer the best of our service and the most warm envirnoment .
We are very glad to hear that reflected on your stay with us .
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I arrived by boat at Gouvia Marina after a trip from Athens .My usual hotel was booked so I asked the receptionist if she could find an alternative hotel where I could stay.She was able to book the Debono for me.This hotel is a little out of the hub of Gouvia about a half an hour walk away and you need to cross the busy main road.However the hotel is excellent. It was spotlessly clean, had a lovely pool area and public rooms were large and attractive.The bedrooms were spacious with a huge terrace / balcony which was furnished .The bathroom was spacious with complementary toiletries & lots of hot water and a bath with shower.
The breakfast buffet had everything you could possibly want including lots of types of tea including herbal.The breakfast service was second to none.Dinner buffet had a lot of choice for all 3 courses and food was good . There was an outdoor and indoor dining area.Staff were very polite and helpful and made you very welcome.I would certainly return and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.Car parking is available at the front of the hotel. There is a small children's playground at the rear and some pretty grounds to wander through. The pool has a lovely pool bar where snacks and drinks are served.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 36foxylady

Dear guests,

your positive review about our accommodation is very much apreciated.
We do take pride in catering to our guests needs the best way we can .
It will be great pleasure to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My partner and I spent a week on holiday in Corfu. We stayed at this wonderful small hotel. It was absolutely fantastic. The staff and quality within the hotel, is truly second to none and spotless throughout the facility..... The food was also fabulous and very exciting each evening. I can honestly say that it was first class in everyway you can imagine. The only downside was the weather...... but that is something no one can account for. I'd certainly recommend this hotel and if we return again in the future, we will definitely be booking in with them again. Thank you to all staff for making our holiday very special.

Room tip: Room has free safe, free pool towels. Make sure you dress smartly for evening meals..... NO shorts!!!! Try and get a second floor room....
3  Thank John r
DebonoJulia, Manager at Art Hotel Debono, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear guests ,

we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your holidays you help us to try even harder .
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future .